Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night watching TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM for some lovin before we went to sleep.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper and watching home improvement TV shows.  Tony went to work from 10 Am to noon.  When he got home I made soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Took a nap with the dogs for a couple hours.  Tony then had to go back to the shop from 3 - 4 PM to deliver a car.  I kept busy all day doing thing around the house.  After he got home and we fed the dogs we went up the block for supper and had a great BBQ bacon cheese burger.  Spent the night watching more TV from the DVR.  Honestly we record so much I couldn't begin to tell you all the shows we watched before going to bed, much less do I remember.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Sunday we were up again by 7 AM and did the morning routine with the dogs.  Spent the early morning reading the newspaper.  Tony called his mom around 9 AM to see what she wanted to do for Mother's Day.  I had for the second year in a row given up going to my mom's house, since I have a father and we see them on Father's Day, only to have her tell us again, for a second year in a row, that she is not feeling well and will take a rain check.  I figured I had things I wanted to pick up at Steins Garden on her side of town so we decided to go out for breakfast where we usually do with her, without her, then went to Steins, and then stopped at her house and dropped off some flowers and chicken noodle soup from the restaurant.  Wasn't going to let the day go by without doing something for one of our moms.  Thankfully I sent my mom flowers in a vase with a picture of her parents from a long time ago when they were alive.  Only stayed for a second at her house since I didn't want to get sick if she was.  Stopped off at a market where I knew they sold licorice snaps and bought 3 containers of them.  Guess I will have licorice snaps now for a while.  Picked up some ham and rolls to eat for supper later in the day.  Got lottery tickets and came home.  After we were home for a while I simply couldn't just lay around watching TV, so I got Tony to go a couple blocks down the street to a hardware store to pick out a paint color and paint for the front porch, my next project.  Took a little persuading but got him to go with me.  I went right to the paint samples, he went to the clearance rack.  I picked out a couple samples and he walked over with a can of pain already mixed for someone, on sale for $7, which was pretty close to the colors I had picked.  Bought the paint and saved ourselves about $20 because a can of paint there was about $25 mixed.  Spent the rest of the day watching more TV from the DVR.  Had ham and rolls and a salad for supper and spent the night watching the season final of Revenge.  Was so sad they killed off the kid I like on this show also.  They really didn't show him dead, so in TV shows who knows for sure until next season.  Did the lovin thing and went to sleep around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and Tony a kiss as he walked out the door to go to work.  Read the newspaper and was out in the front porch by 9 AM taping things off and eventually spending the day painting the walls with the paint we bought Sunday.  Took my until around 3:30 PM in the afternoon to put two coats of paint on and do some touch up.  I LOVE the color and couldn't have picked a better color from the samples if I had picked the paint myself.  Times like this I realize how important Tony can be because even though I can build or make just about anything, I have horrible fashion or color sense.  No gay decorator gene in me.  Creative, but a good decorator would laugh at my work.  I don't have a problem with that in any way.  Showered and soon I will make supper.  Making salads and a chicken parm pasta for supper.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and Castle before we go to bed.  My body aches from painting today but it feels good to be alive and feel the pain to be honest.  Just wish my foot would get better.  I go back to the foot doctor on Thursday.  I get around pretty good with the boot and it really doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do.  Figure the doctor is going to tell me I have to stay off my foot for a while so I have to get as much done as possible before then.  It got to 49 degrees today and sunny.  Warmer the next couple days and back to Spring type temperatures thankfully.  We had a frost this morning it got so cold over night.

1 comment:

  1. Itís nearly impossible to find well-informed people about this topic, but
    you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks

    my page :: news of the day