Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the movie Jack Reacher.  It was OK.  I am not a Tom Cruise fan but the movie was entertaining enough.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Was up this morning by 6:30 AM, dripping wet.  Had cold chills and sweating like crazy.  Got up and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Told Tony on his way out the door that I HATE MY FOOT.  Called and canceled my therapy appointment since I did not feel good.  Put shoes on today and got rid of the boot.  It is doing no good for my foot.  Spent the morning searching the web on information on Mortons Neuroma.  Nothing good and no good answers or remedies.  Shots and surgery are options but have little success.  Most just seem to say to buy new shoes that are wide and deal with it.  Read the shots are not just 'one shot' but a series of shots.  I am so scared of needles and the posts say it is very painful.  I am so damn depressed.   Spent the afternoon laying on the couch with the dogs listening to slow music and feeling sorry for myself.  Made a short video this afternoon on the computer since I can't do much walking.  Here it is.

Making spaghetti for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night massaging my foot and watching TV.  Still not feeling good and hope I am not getting a bug or something that is going around.  I have enough to deal with with the foot, I don't need to be sick on top of it.  Figure I am going to get through the weekend and if no improvement by Monday I am going to have to just call the doctor and schedule cortisone shots. 

I also added a link at the bottom of this page to our Holy Union from May 22, 1993.  I had to cut the first and last songs as well as the Communion to make the video small enough to upload.

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar problem with my left foot. I know that I will sound like all of the things you have been reading, but trust me----shoes make ALL the difference.

    For around the house, I have a pair of Olukai sandals (slip on) that I bought at REI. They are the BEST ever and when I wear them it eliminates 90 percent of the discomfort. Here is link to the REI website that shows the ones that I bought...(In fact, I'm on my second pair)

    http://www.rei.com/product/782323/olukai-ohana-flip-flops-mens

    I also went to a shoe store that has orthotists on staff that have specific knowledge of which shoes and insoles work best for MN. In my case, I got a part of new balance running/walking shoes and Superfeet insoles that they trimmed to fit the shoes (I got the orange superfeet insoles) here is the superfeet website

    http://superfeet.com

    Trust me....I know how painful this can be. Like you, I hate needles and with finding the right shoes to wear I've been able to avoid the cortisone shots.

    Hope your foot feels better soon.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I checked the sandels you suggested. I cant stand having something like that between my toes and cant wear them. I will keep this in mind though. This MN thing just sucks and I am actually looking into motorized chairs. I do agree though that the SHOE makes all the difference. I have WIDE new shoes that are a size too big and they are the only ones I can wear and get around the house. Walking at a festival is still out of the question and this is killing me, hence the motorized chair.

      Delete