Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony went out the door to go to work.  Showered and was out the door by 8:30 AM for my 8:45 AM foot doctor appointment.  The doctor looked over my foot and the new problem happening on the third toe.   I asked him if he has ever seen this problem and corrected this problem before and he told me he had many times.  I finally found out what is wrong and when I look it up on the Internet it fits to a T.  I have Morton's Neuroma on my left foot.  Basically that means "an injury to the nerve between the toes, which causes thickening and pain.  It commonly affects the nerve that travels between the third and fourth toes".    The doctor suggested a cortisone shot and after we talked about how I would rather not have a needle or shot he said we can do physical therapy first.  So I start physical therapy tomorrow afternoon to have them do ultra sound and electric current therapy on my foot.  If that don't work then it will be a shot and or surgery to fix the foot.  So I am hoping the physical therapy works because surgery doesn't sound good on a foot.  The house would fall apart if I had to stay off my feet for any length of time.  I also have to continue wearing the boot which is giving me as of today, the same problem now in my right foot.  Hate my feet and walking.  No pain to speak of, just very uncomfortable like walking around with a marble or jelly bean in your ball of your foot behind your toes.  A person could never walk in high heels with this condition.  Thankfully I have never and don't anticipate walking in high heels.  After I left the doctor I went to the therapy place a block away and set up the appointment for tomorrow to start the therapy.  Twice a week.  Came home and left the house again at 11:30 AM to go to my board meeting with ARCW.  Had a speaker today on Street Drugs and HIV.  Was very informative.   Picked up my monthly food at the pantry and came home.  Making a pizza and salads for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR like we did last night.  Watched last weeks Bates Motel.  Love this show.  And a few others.  Was sunny and almost 70 degrees today before the wind shifted and dropped us to the low 60s.  Can feel the breeze off the lake and smell the lake air.   Feeling very tired from the long day and going to the couch to watch Judge Judy.

1 comment:

  1. hi..dont you ever make a meat loaf with mashed potatos and gravy or a pot roast, etc.

    ReplyDelete