Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night watching the movies The Haunting In Connecticut 1 and 2.  The first one was better than the second.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Saturday morning we were up by 7:30 AM.  Tony went to work around 10 AM and I left the house right after him to stop off at two rummage sales on my way to Kohl's to buy shoes.  Spent over an hour and a half picking out two pairs of shoes at Kohl's.  Even brought my inserts to make sure the shoes fit with them OK on my feet.  Came home around 12:30 PM.  Tony was home from work so we went to another rummage sale at his old high school.  Last year we got a ton of crap at the rummage sale and this year was not much different.  Walked out with all we could carry for $40.  Got some big blankets and holiday decorations along with a bunch of other ................. crap.  I kept telling Tony 'I don't want to find any of this in the basement a month from now'.  Came home and spent a couple hours at home late in the afternoon.  Got my new shoes out and tried them both on again only to not like either one.  They were now too tight.  They fit Tony perfectly but I didn't by $110 worth of shoes for him to wear to work and ruin in a day.  Was pretty mad because now I was back to not having any shoes to wear because not one of my pairs seems to fit and feels so tight and hard to walk.  Just easier to walk with the boot and the one shoe I still have that fits.  Figure I need to go up a size.  I was always a size 9 shoe but now I think I am a 10 size for some reason.  Do feet keep growing?  Even at 52?  Fed the dogs supper and then went out to Tracks restaurant down the street for some hamburgers.  Spent the night watching the weeks worth of One Life To Live on  The plot sucks, it is so slow, and I have a feeling this show is not going to go on for long on  Kinda sad since I watched it for over 30 years on TV never missing an episode.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.  Tony was asleep by 9 PM on the couch and I had to wake him to go to bed.

Sunday morning we were up again by 7:30 AM.  After I read the newspaper I made breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon and toast.  Got the ladder out and fixed a siding panel that is falling on the back of the house.  Showered and left the house by 11:30 AM to go to a car show on the south side of town.  Wore my boot and padded up the other foot's shoe good.  Took a cane with me to help take some pressure off the foot.   Never thought I would be walking around in a boot and cane.  Stopped at Kmart after the car show to see what they might have in shoes.  Actually bought a pair of size 10 wide tennis shoes and a pair of size 10 leather slippers.  Both fit great with my inserts.  I am so happy.  I have shoes.  Not the best of shoes, but shoes that fit that I can wear outside the house when I take off the boot.  Drove through the park and took the long way home along the lake front.  Got home and spent the rest of the afternoon with the dogs doing things around the house.  I was doing things, Tony watched TV.  I was just about to make supper at 5:30 PM when the across the alley neighbor called to say some girl from the block south was in the alley crying because two kids came into her 6 foot high fenced in yard and stole her white Pit Bull.  Got outside an heard her story and soon Tony and I were in the car weaving the streets looking for the kids.  So damn sad because you know this dog will now be in a Sunday night dog fight.  We spend almost an hour looking for the dog with no luck.  Made some peanut butter and honey sandwiches for supper which Tony called 'unacceptable as a supper'.   Too bad.  Told him he was more than able to make anything else if he was still hungry.  Around 7 PM I took a walk down the alley to see if I could find the girl with the stolen dog and did find her and talked with her.  She thinks she knows where abouts the dog might be but the neighbors are not talking.  Nobody wants to be the snitch.  I will look for her again tonight.  I gave her my email and phone and told her I would love to hear a happy ending to this story.  I would be going nuts if someone stole my dog and I didn't know what they were doing to him or her.  I would go absolutely crazy.   Spent the night watching the music awards and went to bed around 10 PM.   Tried to get some lovin out of Tony but he was 'to tired'.  Was a dry weekend in the loving department this past weekend.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony out the door for work.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper and doing all the dogs blankets and our bedding of laundry.  Four loads of laundry in all.  Went to my 11 AM foot therapy appointment.  Had a different guy but he gave me a great foot massage.  Worth the therapy just for the foot massage.  Stopped at McDonald's for a $1 double and came home.  It is close to 80 degrees today in Milwaukee and I had to go for a walk along the river.  Got my feet all ready, boot and shoes padded and headed out the door.  Figured I would walk what I could and always could take a short cut if the feet started hurting.  Walks slow and made it around the river on my 'short' usual walk.  Felt good and was so happy to sit and watch nature around me for a while.  All the windows are open and soon I have to start making supper.  Making sweet and sour chicken and rice with a salad.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars Final.  I hope Kelly Pickler and Derik win.

No comments:

Post a Comment