Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night watching TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony went to work for an hour to deliver a car and cut the grass at his other shop.  I turned off the power to the air conditioner outside unit and took the cover off to the electrical area to see if I could find the loose wire.  I have to sometimes shake the wire when we turn on the air conditioning so I think there is a loose connection to the thermostat.  Tightened the wires and hopefully solved the problem.  I am happy when I do projects like this.  Makes me feel like I could survive without Tony.  Tony and I took a long nap with the dogs Saturday afternoon so we would have energy to go to Festa Italian her on the Milwaukee Summerfest lakefront grounds at night.  Did the lovin thing during the napping.  Left the house around 6 PM and spent the night at the festival.  Stayed for the 10:30 PM fireworks.  Great show and was so nice to sit there and put our arms around each other while we watched.  I can remember a time when we would not have felt comfortable enough to do that in public.  So nice attitudes are changing.  Left after the fireworks and got home around 11:30 PM.  Went to bed about a half hour after we got home.

Sunday morning we again were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Made French toast and bacon for breakfast.  Spent the morning doing things around the house, reading the newspaper and enjoying the cool weather and the air conditioner off.  Around 10 AM we walked up the street to get lottery tickets and check out the farmers market.  Around noon I asked Tony to go for a walk or a bike ride.  Was pleasantly surprised when he said he wouldn't mind riding our bikes down to the lakefront to have a drink and a burger and watch the volley ball tournaments.  It is not a short bike ride down to the lakefront and there is always the ride back that is mostly uphill.  Kept thinking, be careful what you ask for.  Figured I better take advantage of the fact Tony even agreed to go for a bike ride and pumped up the tires on the bikes.  Rode our bikes down to the lakefront beach and sat in the cabana having a strawberry margarita and a hamburger.  Sat for about an hour or more watching the volley ball players and all the eye candy.  Here is a picture of us at the lakefront cabana. 
Rode our bikes home and almost died by the time we got home since it is more uphill than going to the lakefront.  Got home around  3 PM and spent the rest of the day relaxing with the dogs.  Soon Tony started saying he wasn't feeling good and out came all the cold medicine.  By the time we went to sleep Tony was not feeling good at all and said he was getting sick.  My final words to him were that I just got healthy and he better not get me sick.  Went to bed around 8 PM to watch TV in bed until around 10 PM.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and said goodbye to Tony as he left for work.  He said he still was not feeling well.  Cleaned the pond pump and did things around the house all day.  I did drive to the hardware store to get a florescent light bulb only to find out it was the unit and not the bulb.  Had to go return the bulb an hour later.  The heat and humidity returned today and so the air conditioning when back on.  Spent the day with the dogs staying cool in the house.  Making chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.  Tony will come home tired, smelly and most likely still sick so I figure comfort food will be good for him.  I am sure he will be snoring on the couch shortly after he is done eating and showered.

To the person who left me a message on Fridays post.  Please contact me at my email address listed to the side in my bio.  You are not alone and I am here to talk if you need to.  Finding out you are HIV is the biggest mind fuck you will ever go through.  You don't have to go through it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment