Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the last two episodes of the TNT show Falling Skies.  Like most shows this one is starting to get boring also and straying from the main plot and getting too far fetched.  Went to the bedroom and watched the last hour of TV, Under The Dome, in bed before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony out the door to work.  Spent the first hour reading the local newspaper online.  I figured out how to view the Milwaukee Journal online in a e-version since wearing glasses to read the actual paper is still to painful and uncomfortable.  Showered and got to my 9 AM dental cleaning appointment.  Talked with the pharmacist there at ARCW and she recommended I call my doctor for a prescription of Gabapentin to help with the nerve pain in my eye and head since the pain pills only do so much to relieve the pain.  I told the pharmacist I think the anti inflammatory are doing more for the pain than the actual pain pills and this is why she recommended getting a prescription of Gabapentin.  Got my teeth cleaned, grabbed my monthly food from the food pantry and came home after stopping at Walgreens to pick up another week of my Shingles anti viral meds my eye doctor wants me to continue taking for another week.  Got home and unpacked all the food and then left a message with my doctor about a prescription of Gabapentin since more pain pills seem to be a problem.  Still waiting to hear from the doctor or nurse.    Started to rain so I decided to take a nap with the dogs.  Didn't really sleep much but was nice to just lay there in the dark with the dogs around me with my eyes closed.  I just took another half a pain pill and sure wish it would kick in.  I am taking half pills with the pain pills to cut down and wean myself off as needed.  I am on my third half today so I think I am doing good.  I should be down to only 3 pain pills a day as of today if things go as planned.  Been taking an anti inflammatory with the pain pills, and food or course to help my stomach.  Will most likely spend the night watching America's Got Talent and be in bed by 10 PM.   Was hot and humid today and rained this afternoon, in the 80s today.

1 comment:

  1. Im surprised your doctor hasn't offered gabapentin. It is a great drug for the post herpetic neuralgia that is associated with shingles. make sure you titrate the dose until you reach therapeutic level

    ReplyDelete