Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Last night we drove to the car show on the south side of town at a Mexican restaurant called Gus's.  Had a nice amount of cars and we decided to eat there at the Mexican restaurant.  Ate outside under an umbrella in the beautiful weather.  I love a strawberry margarita and chips and salsa.  Had the number 2 combo and sat for a while watching the cars.  I then brought up a subject I was not sure how Tony would feel about.  Since I read the story about the dying couple in Ohio that went to New York to get married so that if nothing else his partner could be listed on the death certificate as 'husband' and his dying wish.  Thankfully a federal judge has ruled that his partner should be listed as husband even though Ohio does not recognize anything other than a marriage between one man and one woman, just like Wisconsin.  So I had been think since then that it would be nice to get married next March on our 25th anniversary of meeting each other either in New York or Minnesota where it is legal.  Sadly it would not be legal in Wisconsin but would give one of us legal standing if something happened to one or the other to at least get listed as husband and take it to the courts.  It is so damn sad we even have to play these frickin games.  We then would hope that four years later, which would be 25 years from our Holy Union, and together 29 years, to pray Wisconsin finally would let us get married here in Wisconsin legally in 2018.   My fear is that after all these years together, going on 25 years, that something will happen to one of us before we can legally get married.  I want my death certificate to say I am Tony's husband.  And I want Tony's to say I am his husband.  It seems so simple and so little to ask for.  I just hope one day we are still alive to get legally married.  Tony agreed with everything and we even agreed that I would be the one to propose for the next March wedding and he would propose for the final legal one when that time would come.  I was so happy to hear that we were on the same page on this.   Maybe someday I will be able to take Tony's name and add it to mine legally.  Now I have to figure out a cool way to propose and plan a trip to New York.  Got home from the car show around 8 PM and spent the night watching the nights episodes of Big Brother and then America's Got Talent results.  Was not happy that Special Head did not make it through to the finals.  Anyone who can levitate and then disappear right in front of you should go through to the finals.  Went to sleep around 10:30 PM after the local news.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony left for work.  I spent the entire day listening to Donna Summer and doing things around the house.  I have every Donna Summer CD or individual song in MP3 format.  Loaded up the MP3 player with every song from Love To Love You, Baby to the last song she recorded before she died, including the CD named Crayons she recorded in 2008.  I am still listening to her more currents songs since there are so many and she has such a huge catalogue.   I can not believe she is dead.  Such a talent.  Tony and I did see her in concert once.  Was a great concert outside in Chicago, great seats, weather was great and she was awesome.  Had the windows open all day and got a couple loads of laundry done along with things outside.  Perfect again today in Milwaukee, in the 60s, sunny, slight breeze.  I love this weather we are having.  Making some steaks on the grill with baked potato, beans, and a salad.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment