Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Friday night at 7 PM the 24 hour bike marathon started around Riverwest.  The bike route goes right past our house.  Over a 1000 bike riders riding for over 24 hours doing crazy things for extra points around the neighborhood.  Around 10 PM we got our bikes out and went around the neighborhood checking out the check points and all the bike riders.  Many of the bars in the area had outside street parties going on to partake in the bike marathon.  Had a drink at one of the bars as we listened to the band outside on the street stage.  Rode around the neighborhood twice and got home around midnight.  This is the one night of the year I feel safe being outside in the neighborhood at midnight.  Tony went to bed the minute we got in the house, telling me he was not feeling good.  I went to bed shortly thereafter after I locked up the house and let the dogs out one last time.

Saturday morning we were up by 8 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony is sick.  Sounds like a cold or flu, body aches and nose running.  Might be the cold weather that settled in for the weekend here.  We actually tied our low high for the day and only got up to 64 degrees for the day.  It is July right?   Was in the 50s in the morning hours and late at night all weekend.  A little cool.  Talked Tony into going to the Brady street festival around noon and spent more time finding a place to park the car than we spent at the festival.  Tony kept saying how bad he felt and we soon came home.  Took a two hour nap with the dogs.  Fed the dogs supper and around 7 PM we decided to go back to the street festival.  We should have just rode our bikes because we could not find parking and soon Tony just looked at me and said 'I've had enough, ready to go home and order a pizza'.  Figured my weekend was over.  Came home and ordered a large pizza that was too big and soggy.  I think we ate less than half of the pizza and it was $25 delivered.  Spent the night watching TV and went to bed around 11 PM.  Tony slept most of the night on the couch as we watched TV. 

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Tony informed me right away how horrible he felt and did not feel like doing anything today.  I could see in his face as he took more cold pills he was not feeling good.  I fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the day doing things outside.  At one point I rode my bike to get lottery tickets and then went to the farmers market and bought some fresh berries and a muffin.  Tony slept most of the day.  I did this and that trying to stay out of his way and not wake him.  Late in the afternoon I went to Pick N Save to buy a meatloaf for supper and more cold pills since Tony was going through them pretty fast.  Made the meatloaf for supper and it was not very good.  Good I made a salad and sides because the meatloaf is now dog food.  Spent the night watching the last two episodes of True Blood.  I do like the conversion therapy plot going on with this show right now.  Went to bed around 9 PM and watched an hour of news before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony left for work.  Tony said he felt a bit better.  Of course he did, he now goes to work.  I spent the day doing very little.  Did some cleaning and laundry along with watching the construction out the front window.  Took a nap with the dogs and now I drink a cup of coffee as I type this post.  Will most likely get outside after I post since it is sunny and in the 60s.  Making a Oncore dinner and salads for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR or a movie.  It has now been over two weeks of not starting my day throwing up.  I contribute this to switching my HIV meds and so happy about it.  So nice to start my day with a normal stomach and not throwing up bile every morning.
I did notice a bunch of rabbits running around on the side of the construction site over the weekend.  When I walked over to check it out, sure enough, two bunny dens with over 6 rabbits running around in the construction pipes that are along the ground waiting for the next phase.  I sure hope they grow fast because it is just a matter of time before they loose the piping they are living in.  I watched the mother come each night around 6 PM to feed them and then watch the babies play and jump around.  It is so cute.  They don't have a care in the world and no idea of the cruel world they soon will have to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment