Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2010 Monday Dinner Time

Yesterday about noon Tony and I went out into the Milwaukee cold and bought lottery tickets at the gas station, then went to a local grocery store to buy some fruit and prepared food for dinner, and then stopped at Walgreen's and picked up a prescription for him and one for me. Got home around 2 PM and started watching some TV. Around 3:30 PM a couple we have lunch with on Friday's called and said they had two extra tickets to a fund raiser for ARCW called Holly Jolly Folly. It was a food tasting of local restaurants in Milwaukee and free drinks before a play at the Rep Theater called 39 Steps. Since we could not afford to go to such a fundraiser if we had to pay, and the fact the tickets were paid for, we said yes. Had a hard time finding a suit coat and pants that fit me I have gained so much weight. Was not easy to find anything that fit. NOT GOOD AT ALL. Jeez, I've been working out every day for the past week and watched what I eat and have gained 4 pounds in the past week. WTF? Found a suit that fit if I didn't breath. LOL Met the friends at 5:30 PM at the event. Had one drink and tasted a bunch of food at all the displays set up around the theater corridor. Was a very classy event. There were about 20 other friends we knew there so it was a fun event. The play was not so bad either. We got home around 10 PM from the fundraiser. Watched Desperate Housewives that I had DVR'd and went to bed. Not sure what was in the air, maybe it was the fact we held hands and such at the event and during the play, and romance was in the air, because we ended up doing a little lovin before going to bed. All the dogs were on one side of the bed rather than down the middle between us so we ended up spending the night sleeping in each others arms all night. This is what led again to some more lovin in the morning. Wow, twice in one night, can't say I remember when the last time that happened. It was nice.

Got up around 7 AM and fed the dogs and got Tony off to work. About 8:30 AM I worked out for a half hour before making myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Spent the morning watching TV and reading the newspaper. Made myself a bowl of tomato soup for lunch. It has been snowing all day and looks like it should end soon. Have been holding off going out to shovel hoping I can do it once. We are getting a lake effect snow which means it could go on for some time. The radar looks like it should end soon, but has looked that way for a couple hours now. Making the food I was going to make last night before getting the invitation to the fundraiser. Have it all ready and just need to heat it up - Prime rib, chicken Parmesan and scalloped potato's with a salad. Will most likely spend the night watching the CBS lineup on TV tonight. OK, I've waited long enough for it to stop snowing, soon it will be getting dark outside so I guess I better get some snow moved. I am not in from shoveling and it is still snowing lightly. Been one week without a cigarette. Made it a full week without one. I am very proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment