Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011 Wednesday Afternoon New Blood Test Results

New Blood Test Results Today.

Today I had my appointment with my AIDS doctor to get my latest blood test results from the blood test I had a little over a week ago. The doctor's visit was OK, but the results could have been better. My CD4 count dropped from 412 to 335. Although my doctor is not alarmed by this drop it does not make me happy. These numbers are even lower then the blood test results from last August. The good news is my percentage went up from 21% to 22%, which the doctor says is more important. This means that a bigger percentage of my 'good blood' is better than it was and continues to rise. Some more bad news is that my Glucose levels are very high, higher than they were the last tests. This could be because I have gained 15 pounds since the last doctor's visit. I was told I need to loose the weight and start working out daily to do this. If this level continues to increase I could become diabetic. Also my Hepatitis A levels did not register and should have since I had the vaccine shots the last visit. So, I had to get another Hepatitis A vaccine shot today in my right arm. I still am undetectable though, so that is good. If that wasn't enough, my vitamin D levels are too low also so I now have to start taking 2 vitamin D's a day instead of the one I have been taking. Also, I talked to my doctor about the vivid dreams / nightmares that continue since starting Atripla two years ago. We decided to switch my meds with the next refill in 30 days since I just got a refill today of Atripla in the mail. I am switching from the one pill a day Atripla to 3 pills a day of Truvada and Viramune. Not sure which one I have to take two pills for, but one of them is one pill a day, the other is two pills a day. This switch should make the nightmares stop. I am not to excited about switching meds since the Atripla is working, but I was assured that I should be fine and can always go back to Atripla if these new drugs don't work as well. I was happy to take one pill a day, now I will have to take 3 pills a day for the same results. Hopefully I will not have to go through all the side effects with this switch. I will let you know in a month when I start the new meds.

Stopped off at Walmart prior to the doctor's appointment and bought a cool water mister to add some moisture to the air in the living room. I already have one in the bedroom. Bought a couple other items that we needed also. Tonight the new season of American Idol begins. We will be glued to the TV since we love this show. Should be interesting to see how it is this season with the new judges. Suppose to get very cold here in Milwaukee the next few days. The coldest air we have had in two years is set to hit us on Friday. The weather man says a high of 7 degrees on Friday. WTF? Seven degrees for a high? Will most likely just go out for lunch on Friday and nothing else since that is way to cold for me.

1 comment:

  1. Truvada and Viramune were exactly what I was taking. No there are no dreams, but whatever you do don't take Naprosyne (anti-inflammatory). But then again I'm probably rather unique in that respect :-) They were extremely effective against the HIV.

    ReplyDelete