Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, January 14, 2011

January 14, 2011 Friday Mid Day

Yesterday morning I spent the morning cleaning the house because I knew I was picking up my two nephews from Tony's side of the family from his mothers house around 1 PM in the afternoon. I was going to drop off the 11 year old boy at his real father's house here on the East side and keep the 7 year old brother until Monday when the other boy's father would drive to the Illinois border and deliver them to Tony's sister. Got to the garage only to find the garage door would go half way up and was broken. Called Tony at work and asked him to come home and either fix the garage door so I could get my car out of the garage or drive me to his mother's house on the south side to get his / our nephews. He was home in a flash and we got my car out of the garage. The fix would have to wait since he was busy at work and a new bracket was needed since one broke most likely because of the cold. Picked up the two kids and on the way home dropped off the one at his fathers house. Headed home with the other. Both are good kids and we helped raise the 11 year old when his mother lived here on the East side before getting married and moving out of state. We spent the afternoon watching cartoons and playing with toys waiting for Tony to come home. It is a tense situation because I am always worried about anything happening with Stella the pit bull or one of the smaller dogs getting stepped or sat on. Guess it is the fatherly instincts in me. Tony came home around 5:30 PM with his sister's other child, a girl, three years old. Guess Tony's sister decided to stay the night at her friends house and asked Tony to go get the last of three kids from grandma's house so the two kids could spend the night here. That is a bit much for me. I do not mind having the kids when they are over 6 years old but having one for the night that is 3 is beyond my scope. Heck, she can hardly talk so you can understand her. I just found myself saying 'yes' to everything she said, LOL. We spend the night watching the movie Despicable Me. The kids had already seen the movie many times and knew almost all the words by memory before they were said. I honestly just didn't get it. I have seen many of these kind of movies and enjoyed them, the movie UP was great. But this one I just couldn't understand at times and had to look at the kids when they laughed and wonder what I missed. They both went to bed around 9 PM. We went to bed shortly thereafter. Had about 3 very vivid dreams during the night. Every time I got out of bed for something I was in the middle of a dream. They are never happy dreams. Why is that?

This morning Tony and I were up by 6:30 AM. I got up when Tony did so that I could keep an eye on the kids and the dogs. I know this is not Tony's strength. He always just figures everything will be OK. The kids got up around 7 AM since the dogs kept wanting to give them kisses. Must be that kid smell. I am not fond of that 'kid smell'. Made them both a bowl of cereal and about 9 AM their mother called and said she was on her way to pick up the girl since the boy was going to stay until Monday. Shortly before their mother got here the boy looked at me and asked if it was OK if he went home with his sister. I had to hold back the smile that came over me. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, and all, but one night was enough. LOL. It would have been a long weekend and having the two of them last night gave me my 'good uncle fill' for a while. They both left around 10:30 AM. Now I have to get this kid smell out of the house. LOL. Tony will be here soon to pick me up to go to lunch since the garage door is still not fixed and my car is trapped in the garage again. I am sure he will fix it this weekend. Will most likely take a nap this afternoon since it is cloudy outside and I did not sleep well last night. Tonight we will stay in and watch TV and enjoy the quite and our dogs. Not unhappy with the fact we don't have the kid for the weekend. Like I said, he is a good kid, I love him and all, but one night was enough. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment