Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Last night we did go to Hobo to shop for new carpets.  Stopped off at Taco Bell for supper prior to Big Lot.  Was a waste of time to bring Tony since he was no help choosing the carpets.  Every time I turned around to show him a carpet he was no where to be found and then would show up placing another item in the cart, not a carpet like we were there to shop for.   Ended up buying 5 carpets in various sizes.  Never did find a large one for the living room that we liked.  Will have to get one in the future.  Came home and spent the rest of the night watching TV, going to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  I did think of Barkley, but no tears, at least not immediately.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Went grocery shopping in the morning.  Did a little more cleaning around the house.  Decided to go for a walk with Barkley, one last walk.  I held his collar the entire long walk along the river through the wood and along the paths.  Sat and talked with him.  Of course wouldn't you know the only person I would run into on the paths was my neighbor's son with his dog.  I am sure he now thinks I am a crazy old man, as he found me crying in the woods with my dead dogs collar.  Oh well, I stopped caring what people think of me long time ago.  I needed to do it for me.  Had to say my goodbyes and make some peace.  I hope Barkley is running around in heaven, healthy and not in pain, if there is a heaven.  Took over 2 hours walking and sitting by the river.  Ran out of Kleenex so I figured it was time to come home.  Got a call the flag pole plaque is done and ready to pick up.  I will pick it up tomorrow when I am downtown for my board meeting with ARCW.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV with the dogs.  It is truly amazing what a difference one less dog can do to a household.  He is very much missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment