Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV on the DVR.  Finished the night in bed watching Law And Order: SVU.  Went to bed around 10:20 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read a little of the morning newspaper before going back to bed and listening to some music with the dogs.  Listened to the new CD by Lionel Richie.  It is OK considering I do not like country music and it is his popular songs with a country twist to them.  Got back out of bed around 10 AM and showered.  Left the house around 11:30 AM to go to my 2 hour noon board meeting with ARCW.  Had a good meeting.  I was very quiet, probably the most quiet I ever am at a meeting.  Just didn't have the 'fight' in me today.  LOL.  Stopped off at the shop that made the plaque for the flag pole to pick it up.  Paid the bill and made it out of there without crying.  The plaque turned out great.  I will wait until the new flag is made to hang the new plaque for under it on the flag pole.  The flag company called today and said they have the old design, told them how I want the new flag, and they are emailing me a proof in a day or so.  Picked up some bread at the food pantry at ARCW for the new baby rabbit I have in the back yard.  I was so surprised. Last night I was looking in the back yard and could not believe my eyes when I saw a very small baby rabbit eating the bread I had just put out for the larger rabbit that I have been feeding for 3 years now.  So I guess I have baby rabbits because I am sure if there is one, there are more.  The nest must be in the back yard somewhere because the baby was way to small to have come from any distance.  It really made me smile.  I have been trying to keep this one rabbit, our first in 20 years, alive for the past 3 years.  I first noticed this rabbit shortly after I found out I was HIV+ and watched it daily as I cried looking out the front window deciding how I would continue life.  Now the circle of life has come full circle and I will have babies and hopefully more rabbits.  If only I can keep the stray cats out of the yard or neighborhood.  It is interesting how one looks at things a bit differently after they have a major even like I had this week.  As I was walking yesterday I stopped and sat down to look this huge tree that had fallen over in the wind or had gotten hit by lightning.  Even though the entire top of the tree was dead from slitting in half, laying on the ground dead, there were now new branches coming out of where the tree had split.  I sat there thinking, this huge tree could have just gave up and died, yet it decided to sprout new branches and try to survive even though it's entire top was dead.  I thought more about life, how we just through instinct, fight to continue to survive.  I must mention that the dogs have already ruined two of the new carpet with their nails snagging the carpets.  I am sure the two carpets will not last long.  Guess I just wasted $100 on those two new carpets.  On a good note.  Because of the new carpets and not having Barkley, the house smells so much nicer.  Or should I say, it doesn't smell like an old dog, Barkley.  Poor guy, but he did smell even with a bath once a week.  I also have only had to vacuum every other day rather than every day since he has been gone.  I still would put up with it all just to have him back.   Making a meat loaf and mashed potatoes for supper with a salad.  Will spend the night watching TV.  It is raining outside and in the 50s today in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment