Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20, 2012 Friday Afternoon

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Went back and laid down in bed until about 10 AM.  Got showered and ready for lunch with the guys.  Before I left I noticed a package sitting out front on the stoop.  Figured it was for my tenant and was so surprised when I saw my name on the package.  It was a Birthday present filled with peanut butter cookies and peanut butter cups from my sister and her kids.  How sweet, they know I love peanut butter.  My Birthday is on Monday and I will be 51 years old.  Stopped off at Walgreen's to pick up Tony's prescription.  Got a number from the pharmacist of someone looking for a pet sitter, called her and left her a message a little while ago.  Figure I could help someone out knowing how hard it is to find anyone to take care of my dogs so I can go out of town.  Had a great lunch with the guys.  At one point I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.  It was a much needed laugh.  Spent the afternoon watching TV and reading a book my mom gave me.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV on the DVR.  No plans this weekend.  That is great because I could use the time just to relax with Tony and the dogs.  Have a good weekend everyone.  I am getting through each day, one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave,

    Have been wondering what to say the last few days. Know how you feel.

    But try not to beat yourself up over what happened at the vets. There will always be something that you think of that could have been better. The important thing is that you did your best for Barkley and I'm sure
    Barkley knew that.

    It's understandable of course that you'd forget the odd thing here and there. It was a very stressful and emotional time, and you're only human mate. IMO you did very well if that's any consolation.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete