Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Can you believe it is April already?

Friday night we did go to the fund raiser for Brew City Bully Breed. It was at a downtown night club and I was not sure how finding parking would be. I knew all was in alignment when we pulled up in front of the bar and the parking space on the street right in front, first spot, was empty. We parked the car and went in the night club. I said hello to the people we knew including the lady in charge of the event. I told her I still remember the great band they had two years ago at that fundraiser, Left On Sunset. She said to me, 'I got them back this year'. I knew we were in for a good night. Got a table right in front of the band stage and spent the night listening to good music, having good finger food, a couple drinks and even a few jello shots. Got home a little after 10 PM and watched a little TV before going to bed for a little lovin.

Saturday morning I got up at 7 AM. Tony was already up and reading the morning newspaper. I fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the morning watching home improvement shows. Around 11:45 AM we left to go to a 12:15 PM showing of The Hunger Games. Guess I looked at the time wrong in the newspaper because the next showing was at 12:45, not 12:15. I had brought an ad for a restaurant that I wanted to go to after the movie and when I told Tony about it he said 'its right there'. So we walked the half block and ate lunch before the movie The Hunger Games. Lunch was good and I would return. Got the usual large popcorn and soda at the movie, not that we were hungry from lunch, but you just gotta to have the movie experience. The Hunger Games was very good. I expected a bit more, but was pleased with the movie and would recommend it. Might even pick up the second book now since the next movie doesn't come out for 18 months. Came home after the movie and spent the rest of the day watching TV on the DVR before going to bed around 10:30 PM after another round of lovin.

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the morning reading the Sunday newspaper and made breakfast. Around noon we decided to drive to Seven Mile Fair. A big indoor and outdoor rummage sale type place south of Milwaukee. Bought a bunch of crap we didn't need. Thankfully it was little things and it didn't add up to much, duct tape, tooth pics, a cake pan, strawberries and some rolls of paper towel for Tony's auto body shop. So we did good not buying anything expensive we didn't need. I was looking for a new leather jacket, but they had nothing. Came home and Tony wanted some lovin. I swear the more I give him, the more he wants. So we did the deed and spent the rest of the day watching a couple movies and TV on the DVR. Watched the movies Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close and Breaking Wind. Extremely Loud ... was great. GREAT! It is a sad story about a kid who lost his father on 9/11 and what it did to him, his mom, and the people he meets finding the lock for a key he found. It was really good and I recommend it. Breaking Wind was a knock off of Breaking Dawn and not worth even going into details. It was not good, had it's moments, but toilet humor. Rent or go see Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close, it is that good. Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Had my last cigarette, LAST, and took a shower. Put on the nicotine patch and got on with the day. Went to my 12:15 PM doctor appointment. Like I said before, the doctor is on her time, not yours. Sat in the room until 1:45 PM. She looked at me and got me some prescriptions, gave me a bronchial mist treatment and sent be downstairs for a chest xray. Will find out the results of the xray when she calls me. My chest, back and lungs still hurt a lot. Left the doctors office at 3:45 PM. I hate how long it takes and being my first day without a cig it took a lot of deep breaths. Stopped at Walgreen's to pick up the antibiotic. I am now on the antibiotic Cefdinir 300 MG. Guess it is for my lung infection. The doctor said I have a bronchial infection. So I guess this is the perfect time to quite smoking anyway right? Hell I even made it in and out of Walgreen's without buying a pack and that is where they are the cheapest. Got home a little after 4 PM and thought I better get a post out before I begin supper. Making some salads to go along with sweet and sour chicken and rice. Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and Castle. It was in the high 40s today and the sun was out. Could be a little warmer, but I am not complaining. Still taking deep breaths, wish me luck this time quiting. I honestly have to quit. HAVE TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment