Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we watched the movie War Horse. Very very good movie. I recommend it. There was one part when we had to turn away, when the horse gets caught in the barb wire, but it has a happy ending. War Horse was a very good movie, rent it. Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Saturday morning Tony went to work for a while and I did things around the house. When he got home and showered we went to lunch. Came home and spent the rest of the day watching TV and doing things around the house. Very uneventful day. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Sunday was Easter. We got up around 7 AM and after feeding the dogs and giving Vito his shot, we spent the morning reading the newspaper and watching TV. I showered early and went and got lottery tickets around 11 AM, also picked up a few items at the grocery store, like flowers for Tony's mom. Met Tony's mom, sister, son, and friend for Easter brunch in St Francis at a nice restaurant. We had a 1PM reservation. Thankfully we were all on time and got a seats at the bar to wait for our table. We waited and waited. Finally around 1:30 Tony's sister went up to find out what was the hold up. She came back and we waited another 10 minutes and I then said 'I will take care of this'. I went up to the front dest and asked for the manager, explained to him we were not happy and it is now 1:45 and we had a 1 PM reservation. He said he would get us the next table. As I looked at the reservation list I could see some how they skipped us and just went on filling tables. Our pager never went off, I think they just honestly skipped us. I then told the manager the only thing at this point that is going to put a smile on my family and my face is if he buys us all a drink for this inconvenience. He agreed and we all got a free drink and continued to wait, and wait, and wait. Finally at 2:15 I had had enough and went up to the front desk again to find out what the hell was the problem. I got loud and we got a table immediately. The manager then wanted to talk to me outside and I started to follow him and then decided the hell with it and told him I waited long enough to eat and I was getting some food. We all ate all we could and had a nice enough lunch. The manager even came by a few time and when we told him some other problems he bought us all another round of drinks and gave us a $25 gift card to use towards the Easter brunch. We were the last of the brunch rush and almost the last to leave the restaurant. Thankfully for the free drinks and the $25 gift card the bill for the five of us was still $170. WTF? I guess each brunch was $23 a piece. We will not do this again. Paid for ours and Tony's moms brunch and we all said our goodbyes. Tony's sister gave us each a small Easter basket, which was thoughtful. One more thing I have to comment on. The sisters son, who has no money and never offers to pay his part of course had to order top shelf liquor when he ordered his drink. I hate when free loaders do this crap. Hell, if someone else is buying your drink you drink what they are drinking or something similar. You don't order a drink with top shelf liquor. Of course he just drank, ate and got up from the table like it was all for free. Guess this is why we love some family members more than others. Gave Tony's mom her flowers I bought before we all left. Got home and it was close to 4 PM. Spent the rest of the day watching TV and loosening our pants. LOL Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Tony left for work around 7:20 AM. After reading the newspaper and watching Live With Kelly I showered and drove to Home Depot to buy some bags of lava rock needed in the front outside wall. Bought six bags and after putting them out I realized I needed at least 8 more bags. Went back to Home Depot, thankfully it is only a mile or two away, and bought the 8 more bags. Came home and put them all out. I still need two bags at least of the black lava rock, but all they had was the brown. I have both colors, the black as a border. Will get the black rock later in the season or at a store that has it when I see them. I can live for a while the way it all is. Laid back and listened to some music this afternoon with the dogs all on the couch next to me. It is in the high 50s today and the sun is out. Nice enough for me to do things outside as needed. Our Mourning Doves from last year are back and keep going to the nest and fixing it, getting it ready for the next batch of eggs and babies. With the security camera on the nest I can see it perfectly. Will be fun to watch the whole process from eggs to chicks like I did last Summer. Hoping they hold off laying the eggs through this week since it is suppose to get below freezing a couple nights this week. Wanted to buy some plants and flowers today at Home Depot, but held off because of the freeze warning the middle of the week. Making a beef roast, baked potato and salads for supper tonight. Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars. Hope everyone had a great Easter. Will most likely go to Menard's and buy some bags of black lava rock tomorrow since I now feel the need to finish that project. If it wasn't so late in the day I would go there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment