Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012 Thursday Dinner Time

We did end up making it all the way to A & W Restaurant and then the car show in Franklin with the monster truck car this time.  It seemed to run great.  Here is a picture of it in front of Tony's Auto Body Shop.  They picture date is wrong, but this is when it was being restored. 
The car is so high off the ground I feel I need a step ladder to get in and out of it.  It also makes a lot of noise.  People definitely turn and look as you drive by.  I have a feeling this is why Tony likes it so much.  Stopped off at the Menard's across the street from the car show and bought a few items before heading home.  Watched a little TV before going to bed for some lovin and then to sleep about 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave them their meds.  Spent the early morning reading the newspaper, cleaning the pond filter and other little things around the house prior to WE Energies coming at 10:30 AM to start an energy assessment of the house.  The two guys showed up on time, changed a couple faucet spouts and the thermostat upstairs to a programmable thermostat.  Only took a half hour and then they left telling me I would get a call to have the second part of the assessment when they seal the doors or something.  Not sure, but I figure it is how they then measure how efficient the windows and doors are?  Time will tell.  They also checked for any gas leaks or carbon monoxide leaks, none.  After they left I started one of the many books I bought at Pridefest over the weekend at a Rummage Sale table.  Each book was less then a dollar so I bought 5 of them.  Started one of the books today titled Halfway Home.  Got about a third read this afternoon.  Story seems to be about a person with HIV in the early 90s.  So far it has been good and I am going to finish it.  I don't usually read books but have been getting into it lately sitting outside enjoying the yard and nice weather.  Figure reading is not a bad thing.  Around 2:30 PM I put down the book and went for a long walk along the river.  My pedometer says my walk was 4937 steps, so over 2 miles.  Making some pork ribs, baked potato and corn, with a salad for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night at home watching TV.  It got to 70 degrees today in Milwaukee.  Much warmer south of us here along the lakefront.  Perfect weather day.  Tomorrow should be the day the Mourning Dove egg or eggs hatch.  Tomorrow will be two weeks.  Still don't know how many eggs are in the nest.  Last night before we went to bed I looked out into the back yard where I throw bread for my baby bunny that lives in the back garage.  There were 2 baby rabbits and a big rabbit.  Smiled and threw more bread out for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment