Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Last night as I was looking at the back yard through the cameras and I saw a rat come up the back sidewalk and go into our side yard, most likely under the wood deck.  This made my skin crawl since we had seen a rat in the front yard this past week under the bird feeder.  So I put a pack of rat poison under the deck to hopefully kill the rat.  Spent the rest of the night watching a couple episodes of Million Dollar Listing LA.  The way they live out there is unbelievable.  The houses are awesome.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after a little lovin.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito and Kali their meds.  Tony left for work around 7 AM.  Around 8 AM Stella was going crazy out on the side deck so I went out to see what all the fuss was about.  I look out by the pond, in the area the dogs can not get into, and I see this 4 inch rat having seizures and convulsing, most likely from eating the rat pack poison I put out last night.  I look and sure enough the pack is not where I left it.  Watching this rat die a slow death was not my idea of a good time so I decided to drown it in a bucket of water and put it out of it's misery.  Scooped it up with the dogs pooper scooper and put it in a bucket of water, holding it under the water with the pooper scooper.  Now I don't like mice and rats but this is not my idea of a good time or anything I want to be doing.  It took what seemed like forever for this little rat to stop struggling under the water, air bubbles coming out, until he stopped moving, then moved again, holding him down longer and then he was dead.  YUCK!   Took the whole bucket and threw it in the garbage with the rat in the water.  Not happy I just ended a life, even though it was a rat, so I went to lay down for a while.  About an hour later, around 9 AM, Stella is once again trying to get under the deck and deck boards.  I call her into the house and go out to see what the fuss again is about.  I swear to God I just about died when I saw two more rats dieing from the poison.   My skin was just crawling since one of the two was as big as a squirrel.   I get shivers up my back just typing this story now.  Was able to pick the little dead rat out from under the deck with a long stick.  Bagged it and tossed it in the garbage.   Couldn't see the bigger one anywhere.   Took a shower and had to leave the house at 11:30 AM to go to my noon board meeting with ARCW.  Got to the meeting at 11:45 to find the room filled with people, not on the board, eating all the pizza that was for our meeting.  There were a few corner pieces left in the box as I looked around to see all these low life people with 3 or 4 inches of pizza on their plates for the free food and meeting.  Really just there for the free food.  I basically said 'screw this' and left before the meeting even started.  The last two meetings have been open to the public and it seems all that does is bring in the low life's for the food.  I was pissed as I drove home since I wasted my day around this damn meeting.  Got home and figured I better find this last big rat or it will die, rot and smell.  So I had to climb under the deck and sure enough found the big huge rat.  As I tried to pick it up I could tell it was still alive and breathing, but hardly moved.  I got it into a plastic bag, shivered from the whole experience and threw the little rodent in the garbage with the other two.  WTF?  Do I have a rat nest in my side yard.  Makes me sick to my stomach and I will have this gone.  I put more packs of poison out if there are more, which is likely since it seems like a parent and two babies.  It was like a fricken horror movie.  Laid on the couch with the dogs for a while.  Just called Tony to tell him the story of the rats and my meeting and ask him if he feels like going out tonight for supper since I just don't feel like cooking.  Will go to Tracks, a bar two blocks away, for the Thursday night Ribs special.  Tomorrow morning I have my Stress Test, which is going to be a waste of money since I feel fine now.  Going to go take a nice long walk before Tony gets home from work.  Hopefully I won't run into any more rats along the river as I am walking.  YUCK!


  1. you may need to call an exterminator.i throw out thr little pax of killer to . i find that they are all gone but dont see any dead rodents. i think they come for the bird seed and peanuts i throw out.i hate them as well. even the cute little baby ones give me the creeps.i also have little chip monks that eat all of my plants.try to be nice and they screw ya.

  2. Hi Dave,

    I know we live in on opposite side of the world, and I know that we will invariably have different varying views because of that. And there's nothing wrong with that.

    I do have to take issue with you therefore on this occasion. You are saying you left an meeting HIV because the "low life's" ate all the pizza and there was non left for you.

    Um, Dave, get a fuckin grip. many people with HIV are doing it tough, and the free food served there may well have been their only meal for the day. Here too when food is served at HIV events sometimes there are people who are hungry and we let them go and eat whatever shit they want to.

    Me and you are lucky enough that we aren't hungry because of HIV. Fuck man have some compassion. I can't believe you called them "low life's" and I can't believe you abandoned even being there because of it.

  3. Peter, I used the term 'low lifes' for lack of a better word. The word I would have liked to use would have been worse. I was not as upset about not getting any pizza as I was about the fact that the people who came, uninvited, brought their friends and relatives, BECAUSE OF THE FREE FOOD. One lady brought her mom and brother. This is a meeting about HIV and ARCW, not a free lunch. They were not there for the meeting, just the lunch. Much less, I was raised with some manners. If there are only two pizza's and 20 people show up you take a slice or two, you don't pile your plate high and not give a damn if anyone else gets any. Guess I was just raised differently.

    1. It was more about the lack of manners than the pizza by far. I did not mean any slight to you, Peter, I know you were raised proper from just reading your blog. I ment they were not raised properly.