Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012 Tuesday Afternoon

Tony came home last night before 5 PM because of the heat.  It was 92 degrees in Milwaukee yesterday.  I don't know how anyone works in this heat.  Spent the night watching TV from the DVR finishing off the night watching Glass House, which is just horrible.  We do watch Big Brother and enjoy it, never missing a season.  But this show is just horrible.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after the news on TV.

This morning I was up at 6 AM since I had to be at the doctors office by 8:45 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave the two their meds.  Left for the doctor's office at 8 AM and got there in time for my appointment.  The nurse took me into the exam room and said the doctor would be in in just a minute.  You always wonder what a new doctor is going to look like and be like.  I was very happy when this young good looking doctor walked in and shook my hand, introducing himself.  Made getting up and out of the house this early worth it.  After we talked for a while 3 Xrays of my back were taken.  The doctor then told me from the Xray that he can see the problem in my lower back.  I honestly can not remember what he exactly called the problem, medically wise.  But said physical therapy would be a great way to help with the problem.  He then gave me the information to call the office for physical therapy.  I asked him how old he was.  The doctor looked at me and asked me back, how old do you think I am?  I told him 28, he said he is 38.  We talked for a while how he worried about looking too young and when we got to talking about the fact he has no grey hair he told me that will change soon with the twins coming.  Stopped at Tony's shop on the way home to spread some cheer and came home to the air conditioned house.  Spent the rest of the morning reading the book I started last week.  I really like this book and have not had a chance to read anything since last Friday.   I feel so sorry for the Mourning Dove and babies.  Since it is 92 outside it has to be even hotter under the black Batmobile the nest is under, baking in the sun.  The parent is constantly feeding them probably to keep them hydrated.  The parent bird does look a bit stressed to be honest.  I hope they make it through this heat, we have one more day of it before the temperature drops 10 degrees to the 80s.  The two guys with WE Energies showed up on time at 1:30 PM to do the Air Sealing Test.  Both guys were handsome and not your average Joe The Plumber looking type.  They sealed the back door with a door they made and put a huge fan in it to suck out the air of the house.  Then they use their gauges to see how much air is flowing and where it is coming from.  I guess doing this they can see where we are loosing heat or cool air from holes in the walls / floors and places not sealed properly.  I figure since it is all free anything they can do to lower our electric bill the better.   They are now filling the holes and then will test again.  Places like where plumbing comes down into the basement and the clothes drier vent hose are examples of where they are sealing things up better.  Tony will come home tired from working in this heat again tonight.  I will make dinner though at this time I have no idea what I will throw together.  Will most likely spend the night indoors in the air conditioning not venturing out in this heat that is suppose to last through tomorrow.  Stella keeps wanting to go outside and then she plops down on the ground in the sun.  It's too damn hot outside so then I have to get her back into the house.  It's like she doesn't feel it until she comes back in the house because then she lays in front of the kitchen vent to get as much cool air as possible while she pants.  Will make my first physical therapy appointment after the Energy guys leave.  Will have to see what it is going to cost me out of pocket before I actually schedule an appointment.  I am not sure how much or if any physical therapy is covered on my state funded health insurance.   So far I have not had any problems or major surprises.  The hot tub is all ready for use tonight at a nice cool 95 degrees.  I figure I will keep it at this temperature to use all Summer and turn it hotter in the winter.  Hopefully Tony and I can try it tonight for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment