Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Brushed Kali's teeth for the first time after Tony got home from work.  She actually handled it all well and let me do it without a fight, with the help of Tony holding her.  Was horrible to see her teeth bleed like they did.  I brushed softly as told by the vet these first few times.  Friday night we watched the movie We Need To Talk About Kevin.  Very good movie.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and brushed Kali's teeth.  She was once again very good and seems to actually appreciate it.  I would too if my mouth looked as bad as hers.  Tony brought home a show car so we could go for a long 45 minute drive with the car to a car show.  We got a few blocks away from home and the car was not running right so Tony turned around and we took my car instead.  I was actually enjoying the car.  Tony put this car on huge high tires so I did enjoy being so high up.  Looks like a Monster Truck Car.  Met some friends we have lunch with on Friday's at the car show.  Stopped at a couple rummage sales on the way home.  Found a beautiful 3 piece suit for myself, looks never worn, for only $2.  Since I need a suit and the price was right, I got it.  Fits me too a 't' which is good because a good friend of ours father died over the night.  We will be going to the funeral and will need a suit that fits me.  Took the long way home along the lakefront of Milwaukee.  Stopped off for a brat and soda at the boat docks.  After we were home for a while I talked Tony into going for a walk around the river.  Of course I had to add that we can stop for a margarita on the way back.  Something for him I guess since he does the walk for me.  Got home around 6 PM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and brushed Kali's teeth.  Made a T Bone steak, potato and salad for supper.   Tony fed his potato peels to Stella which would turn out to be a very bad thing.  Spend the night watching the movie eCupid.  It was a cute gay movie worth watching.  Went to bed around 10 PM after we put some drops in Stella's ear since it seemed to be bothering her. 

Around 1 AM Sunday morning Stella started moving around the bed.  We both thought she was trying to scratch her ear so we kept telling her to 'just lay down'.  Around 2 AM Stella went to the end of the bed and started to barf.  You know the sound.  Tried to get her off the bed and all I could do was get her to the end of it and watch her air vomit across the bed, down the dog steps and on the floor.  Jeez, its frickin 2 AM.  Must be the potato peel Tony gave here at supper time.  Tony took her outside while I turned on the lights to start the clean up.  It was then I realized why Stella was moving around the bed from 1 AM.  She had already pucked on the bed and we were all sleeping in it.  So after I got the other three dogs off the bed and safe, knowing they were clean, I changed the bedding, threw the dog steps out the back porch, and got Tony in the shower with Stella since she was possibly sleeping in puke and needed a bath before she could go back to bed. So Tony cleaned her up and we went back to bed, which was short lived.  Stella was not well.  Tony finally just got up with her around 4 AM and went into the other room while I stayed in bed with the other three dogs.  When I got up at 7 AM to feed the dogs and stuff Tony told me Stella was trying to eat anything green outside and he thinks she ate a plant from under the porch.  We fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and brushed Kali's teeth.  A little while later Stella was throwing up again and now she had this horrible rash on her stomach which was getting worse and worse and big red marks everywhere.  This happens every time she eats plants.  After I yelled at Tony for even letting this happen I started working on Stella's comfort.  Gave her an allergy pill which she threw up.  Spend the morning keeping an eye on Stella to make sure we didn't need to take her to emergency if her breathing started to show problems from swelling and the rash.  Took a short nap with all the dogs trying to comfort Stella.  Made and gave Stella some rice and hamburger which she enjoyed and did stay in her stomach.   Fed the other dogs around 6 PM, giving Vito his shot.  Made some steaks again on the grill with a salad.  Talked Tony into going for a short walk which we did.  I had to get out of the house since we had been home all day tending to Stella and the dogs.  Started watching a movie called Haywire and after an hour of watching we both decided to cut our losses and turn it off and watch something else.  Ended up going to bed shortly after that.  Stella slept like a baby and was happy to snuggle in between Tony and I and not have stomach problems.  Did I tell you I spent all day doing 6 loads of laundry because of all the mess Stella made?   Went to bed around 9:30 PM and watched some news and went to sleep.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, brushed Kali's teeth.  Stella's rash is gone, thankfully.  Kali let me brush her teeth with no help from Tony.  Just sat there like a good little girl.  She has not been licking since I have been brushing her teeth so I think this is going to be a good thing.  Spend the morning reading the newspaper and doing things around the house.  Around noon I took a walk to Pick N Save and bought a couple items and deposited a check at the bank.  Don't feel like cooking tonight so I think after I post this I will go to the $1 store and then to Pizza Hut for their $10 pizza, bread and sticks special.  Will just make a salad.  I am feeling better health wise.  Could it be because I have not had a cig in 7 days now?   Yup, on my 8th day today.  I am very proud of myself and feel so much better because of quiting.  It is not easy, but I am doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Dave,
    Congratulations on quitting smoking. Keep up the effort b/c it's already paying off.

    I simply love hearing about your life with your dogs -- Vito's shots, brusing Stella's teeth.

    You may be surprised how I found your blog. I had typed some lyrics from Les Miserables into the google search engine ("I always dreamed my life would be so different from this hell I'm living...") Those lyics resonate with me for so many reasons, but partly because I am relatively young and now disabled due to something called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

    Anyhow, your posts remind me that even though our lives have taken a large detour away from the lives we dreamed of, our lives are still worth living. Thanks for the inspiration Dave. I look forward to future posts.