Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Last night Tony and I went out for supper at The Tracks, which is a bar that serves food a couple blocks from our house.  I had the rib dinner special, which was so good.  Tony had the Mo Burger, a 1/3 hamburger with sliced roast beef and mushrooms.  Walked back home and put on a movie.  Watched the movie Wanderlust.  What a horrible waste of a movie.  You would think with the stars in this movie it would be much better.  At times it was down right boring.  Went into the hot tub as Tony sat on the chair outside the tub.  Tried to get him in but he was not in the mood.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM, throwing up in the bathroom sink.  Nothing solid, just bile as usual.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Kali is officially off the antibiotic.  Read a little of the morning newspaper before I got in the shower so I could leave the house by 8:30 AM for my 9 AM check in at St Marys Hospital for my stress test.  Got there on time and was in the room hooked up and ready to go by 9:30 AM.  Spent almost a half hour then waiting for the doctor to come down and perform the test.  Lasted about 11 1/2 minutes on the treadmill.  When the doctor said it was about to go faster I told him I had had enough.  Was told the average person goes for 9 minutes, but there is no time refrain and one can go for an hour never beating the machine.  The doctor seemed happy with what e saw on the screen and sent me on my way telling me he sees no heart problems.  Had a feeling this would be what I would be told since the pain has gone away since I quit smoking three weeks ago.  Came home and soon left to pick Tony up to go to lunch with the guys and then go buy Tony a new cell phone since his is not working since he went swimming with it on Sunday at my sisters house.  The Sprint store had a bunch of regular flip phones on display, but of course none in stock we liked.  The clerk then had the nerve, at the Sprint store mind you, to tell us we can get a better deal on a phone at Radio Shack or Best Buy.  Wouldn't Sprint love to know there own employees are telling customers to go somewhere else to buy a phone rather than their own store.  So we went to Radio Shack across the street and after looking at what they had and waiting 15 minutes for help with no end in sight, we left to go to Best Buy another day.  Drove Tony back to work and decided we will go to Best Buy tomorrow to look for phones.  We both only need a regular phone, we don't text or do the Internet on the phone.  A nice camera and video with the phone with be the only thing I would like.  Hell, our eyes are so bad from being so old we can't read a text on a phone.  Came home and took an hour nap with the dogs before getting up and making myself a cup of coffee and writing today's blog.  Tony said he was looking forward to doing nothing tonight so it will be a night of TV and hopefully the hot tub.  It is in the 70s today in Milwaukee with a nice cool breeze off the lake, perfect.  The Mourning Doves made it through the heat wave, both seem fine.  When I was out back last night watering the plants I saw a little little baby bunny go hopping into the brush.  Must be another rabbit nest out back.  I have two rabbits from this year that come daily after 4 PM to eat carrots and bread I put out for them.  Guess there will be more rabbits soon, if the cats don't get them.  Hopefully no more rats.  No real firm plans for this weekend.  We do have a block party all day on Saturday just up the street which we go to each year and have fun, so we will go there at some point on Saturday, most likely after we feed the dogs supper so we can eat supper there at the block party.  Suppose to be in the 70s all weekend and beautiful.  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment