Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2.  It was OK.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after the news on TV.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave the needed meds.  Brushed Kali's teeth about a half hour after she ate.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper and after my showered I got back to the book I start yesterday.  I am a very slow reader and it takes me almost an hour to read about 25 pages.  Have to admit I am really liking this book and the story.  Went to lunch with the guys.  Tony did not come since he had a lot going on at the shop and said he was stinky from working so hard.  Didn't want him sitting at the table all sweaty and smelly.  He will eat with the employees since he buys them lunch every Friday.  Came home and laid down for an hour listening to music on the bed with the dogs.  Got up and as I drink a cup of coffee I got back to my book, finishing the chapter I started this morning before I went to lunch.  After I post I will make a couple salads for supper tonight.  Will heat up the left over spaghetti from the other day for Tony.  The salad will be enough for me since I had a bacon chicken sandwich and fruit for lunch.  I have lately been ordering fruit rather than french fries, being a healthier choice I guess.  Windows are open and it is about 80 degrees with a nice cool breeze off the lake.  I turned the air conditioning on when I left for lunch but while we ate lunch the wind direction changed to off the lake and it cooled things down a bit, so I turned off the air conditioning when I got home and opened all the windows.  Suppose to be a hot weekend here in Milwaukee.  The only firm plans we have are to go to my sisters house for Father's Day.  I set it all up.  Since it is going to be so hot and she has this big estate near my parents house,  I called her last night and planted the idea to have us all at her house and she thought it a good idea.  So Sunday we will spend a couple hours in a pool which I love.  I grew up with a pool in the back yard as a kid every summer.  Got my pond vacuum via Federal Express late yesterday that I ordered on Monday.  Gave it a try last night and it seems to do what I want it to do.  Will wait until next week to give the pond a good vacuum and use it with all the attachments that came with it.  The pond fish will be so happy.  The Mourning Dove egg or eggs did hatch.  I saw the parent bird feeding a baby this morning.  They pretty much are on schedule with each laying.  Lay the egg, two weeks later it hatches, two weeks later they fly.  Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment