Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the Dance Results, NCSI LA and then a show on NGW called Animal Intervention that I had heard about watching Ellen yesterday.  The show is about people who keep wild animals as pets.  Wild animals like monkeys, lions, tigers and such that should be in the wild and not kept in a small cage or a garage for their life's.  The two who host the show try to talk the owners into surrendering the animals, for the animals best interests.  It was a very good show and I put it on my DVR list for next week.  Unfortunately I have to record the weeks before episode each week at 9PM because the new episode at 8 PM I already have 3 things recording.  Worth checking out.  It is sad, but most stories end with a happy ending for the animals.  Unbelievable that there are so many states without laws protecting these WILD animals.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after watching a little of the news.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After I read the morning newspapers I had to shake my head.  A story in today's paper states that '9 lawmakers here in Wisconsin are backing Obamacare arrests'.  I hate the fact that the Republicans feel the need to call it Obamacare when it is really called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,  the real kicker is the fact that our governor Scott Walker has yet to implement the Act and gave back 34 million dollars this Summer to implement it, hoping the Republicans would win the election and not have to implement the PPACA.  Now 9 top Republicans in our state are backing a bill 'to arrest any federal officials who try to implement the health care law'.  Jeez, it passed the supreme court and they still won't give up.  Much less how much will this cost our state to fight this bullshit.  What a bunch of sore losers who continue to waste tax dollars fighting laws they feel they got slighted on.  Spent the rest of the morning doing a deep cleaning of the walk in shower and then caulking some of the areas that needed caulking.  Around noon I got a call from a 15 year old girl in Denmark who found my blog and was doing a school report on HIV and wanted to ask me questions.  I was happy to help and after a few email I gave her my phone number and we talked.  Nice to hear schools in Denmark are doing something to help with the HIV crisis and let 15 year old girl even discuss it in class.  High five to you and I was happy to help.  Let me know what grade you get on the project.  Spent a little time trying to take a nap this afternoon.  Stella lately wants to lay her head and shoulders on me when we nap.  It is not easy to sleep and I spent most of the hour listening to her snore sleeping on my stomach.  Making some salads and a frozen pizza for supper tonight.  Then we go see the play Rock Of Ages here at the Milwaukee PAC.  Got to 42 degrees today, but it was sunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment