Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Could the election have gone any better?  I don't think so.

Spent last night watching Revenge, 666 Park Avenue and Walking Dead, before spending the rest of the night watching the election results.  I actually stayed up until 1 AM to watch Obama give his acceptance speech.  By the time I went to bed I knew Obama won, but it wasn't until this morning I learned of all the great gay issues that went our way in Maine, Washington, Minnesota and Maryland.  Even our out lesbian Tammy Baldwin won the senate seat here in Wisconsin.  What a great day for us.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Learned about the wins on the gay amendments and was so happy.  Finally people are starting to realize our relationships are as much worth as their straight relationships.  Called my dad around 8 AM to send him a hug, but he was not home.  My mom and I talked for a while and the conversation was short since I could tell she was not happy with the election results just like my dad.  Mom even had the nerve to say 'if there is nothing left after we die, it will be Obama's fault'.   Please, if they run out of money it is because of their trips and remodeling they do on their condo every year, not Obama.  Went grocery shopping this morning after I stopped at McDonald's for some breakfast.  Spent the rest of the day doing things around the house and cruising the Internet for information and results of the election.   Making spaghetti and salads for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV off the DVR while the DVR records tonight's shows.  It will be so nice not to hear the damn election commercials over and over again.  Funny how noticeable it was that they ended yesterday around 4 PM.  It was like heaven.  And I only had four robo calls during the day yesterday.  Still don't know why I should get them if I am on a 'no call list'.  Once again, they pass their own laws.  Hopefully in the next four years gay marriage will be legal and Tony and I can get married for real.  It has always been my dream and it looks like it might even be obtainable.  The first step will be getting rid of DOMA, which the supreme court should do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment