Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV.  Ended up going to bed early, around 9:30 PM, and fell asleep very quickly.  Slept like a baby and only got up once during the night to pee.

This morning I got up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  I read a little of the morning newspaper and by 8 AM headed back into the basement to do some more sorting and throwing stuff away.  Around 10 AM I came back upstairs and showered.  Called Tony to see if he was ready to pick me up to go to the Holiday Inn near Mayfair to see what the three swords I have are worth.  Tony came home around 11 AM and after we went through some old jewelry and other items, we tossed them in a bag and took them with us to see their value.  Got to the hotel and found out one of the swords was just a decorative sword, the other two he said were worth a little.  One was worth about $10 because it was my great great grandfather's sword and more of a mason thing or award sword, not really from battle.  The other sword I was told was from the 1870s or 1880s but was an artillery short sword and not used in battle either and therefore only worth about $70.  So he offered me $80 for the two swords and I said I would rather just keep them then.  Tony was busy getting estimates for all the jewelry he brought in.  Two rings were worth about $170 but Tony said he paid much more and we did not sell them.  Then he pulled out two rings he bought at a rummage sale for $2 and the lady said she would give us $110 for them.   SOLD!   That turned out to be a good profit.  Of course Tony reminded me as we walked out 'the next time I buy a ring at a rummage sale, remember this day'.   Went across the street and had lunch at Denny's Restaurant.  Drove home and I then spent another hour in the basement.  I dug in an area I should have left well enough alone.  A box of Tony's past.  Shoe box of photos of all his past boy friends, and he had many.   I had gone through these before when we moved into the house 20 years ago and should have just left it at that and not looked through them again.  I don't deal well with the past, it is one of my big downfalls.  Looked through all the pictures and when I felt myself getting jealous, I put them away, back with all Tony's files.  I wish I would not have looked through them because some of the pictures are quite revealing.  I have to keep telling myself after all these years, does it really matter.  Heck we have been together for almost half his life time.  I can not believe how handsome he was back before I met him.  Makes me jealous I didn't get him then, but I have to keep telling myself it is because of his past that made him want me over all of them, Right?   OK, I will get over this.  My back is really hurting again today.  This bending and cleaning is not good for my back and it is telling me so.  Laid on the couch for an hour with the dogs and really could have used a nap this afternoon.  Hopefully we well be in bed sleeping early again tonight.  Making some salads and soup for supper since we had a big lunch at Denny's.  Today was in the 30s, but sunny and no wind, so it did not feel that cold outside.  Suppose to get a warm weekend this coming weekend.  Another warm front coming through. I am sure it will follow with a huge cold snap back into reality that it is Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment