Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11, 2011 Friday Dinner Time

Woke up this morning to the horrific news of the Earthquake and Tsunami disaster in Japan. My heart goes out to all those affected by this disaster. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work. Made myself a bowl of cereal and spent the morning watching CNN and the breaking news about Japan. So much damage and death. I simply amazes me that something of this magnitude can happen, yet the rest of the world continues to move forward like nothing happened. I know life must go on, but it seems weird sitting in a nice warm house, with lights and food while we watch people struggling in such a disaster half a world away. Tony picked me up a little before noon and we went to lunch with the guys. Had a great lunch as usual. Came home and after watching a little more CNN I went to bed and took an hour nap. Still trying to get my mind to start now after that nap. The one cup of coffee hasn't done the trick yet. Might have to move on to a second cup of coffee. Still no idea what I will make for dinner tonight. Not at all hungry from the big lunch. Will make a salad and see how hungry Tony is when he gets home. Will then most likely make a can of soup or something to go with the salad. No plans this weekend. Was once again in the 40s in Milwaukee and the sun was shining. I want spring so bad and the snow to be gone. We still have snow covering the ground here in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment