Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23, 2011 Wednesday Dinner Time

Tony and I had a great dinner last night at Buca's restaurant last night. The food is ordered and served 'family style' so the portions feed 2 or 3 people. Narrowing down what to order was very hard. We of course decided on the bread sticks since the smell of them made your mouth water the minute you walked into the restaurant. We had narrowed down to 4 items we really wanted on the menu. We finally picked the meatless pizza (Tony's choice) and the Lasagna (my choice). There was so much food with just these three items that most of the Lasagna is tonight's dinner. We only really tasted the Lasagna last night. The food was very good and can't wait to go back again and try the other items that looked good on the menu. It would have been nice to get a salad or other items but the portions are so big you don't need to order any more food. The bill did come to $60 but I had a $10 off coupon. Love those coupons. The $10 we saved was the waitress's tip plus a couple more dollars. Tony and I always disagree over how much to tip. He wants to give a huge tip, I always think 15% is enough. Hell, I never got a tip at any of the jobs I had, I got my hourly wage and that was it. Different kind of job I guess. Came home stuffed and spent the night watching a couple episodes of our soap One Life To Live before watching the 9 PM episode of The Good Wife. Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Got up this morning and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. He ate all his food last night and most of it this morning with the beef flavored rice I added to the dry food and warm water. So I think I might be on to something when it comes to getting Vito to eat so I can give him his Insulin shot. Spent the morning doing things around the house. Mostly did a lot of watching TV all day since it was a very nasty horrible day weather wise in Milwaukee. Drizzle, rain, hail, snow, ice all at different points today. It is now raining ice outside. Not a good day to be outside. I did go to Walgreen's to pick up some items and 2 prescriptions only to find out the pharmacy at ARCW switched my prescriptions to them and Walgreen's therefore did not have the ones I called in yesterday. So after Walgreen's I drove to ARCW to find out they had switched my account but did not know what two prescriptions needed filling. I knew two of the three I take had been called into Walgreen's but I was not sure which two. So I then drove home and ended up ordering all three prescriptions to be refilled since the other would need filling next week anyway. These are my high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and prostate pills. I have to get my HIV meds through mail order per my insurance company. So now I have to tomorrow at some point go back to ARCW and get the three prescriptions. The good news is I will only have to do this once a month since they are all getting filled at the same time, and the money made on the pills goes to ARCW rather than Walgreen's. I would rather the profit go to ARCW. My copay is the same no matter where I fill them. Came home and watched TV and made some peanut butter cheerios bars. A friend of ours emailed me a one day deal on a DVR security system. After talking with Tony we ended up buying the system through his business Pay Pal account. We have cameras around our house and at his business, but we need a new DVR for at home since the last one stopped working a while back. The price for the DVR, 4 cameras and cable was only $199 which is unbelievable considering the DVR alone is at least $400 on the Internet. Since it is a one day deal I thought it was time to buy another DVR for the home cameras. So nice to look back on the DVR when something is missing in the yard or cars are messed with in the back yard. Making the left over lasagna from last night, a salad and garlic bread for dinner tonight. Will spend the night watching American Idol and Law and Order SVU, DVR'ing The Middle, Modern Family, Hot In Cleveland and Criminal Minds.

1 comment: