Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24, 2011 Thursday Dinner Time

Spent last night watching American Idol and then Law and Order SVU before going to bed around 10:15 PM. Got a good nights sleep. Tony only had to get up once to let Bo and Vito outside during the night.

This morning I was up at 6 AM so I could give Vito his shot with food and have him at the vet by 7:30 AM for another day of testing his glucose levels. After we dropped him off we picked up some breakfast at McDonald's and Tony dropped me off at home. Laid down for a while before I thought since the sun was out I should get up and do something. It is 30 degrees here in Milwaukee and the pond is freezing over again, but the sun is out. Disconnected one of the pond pumps so it doesn't freeze. Around 10 AM I drove to the bank to make a deposit and then went to ARCW to get my three prescriptions. ARCW stands for Aids Resource Center of Wisconsin. They are a God sent and I would not be where I am today without them. I hope other states or communities have an organization such as ARCW. They have Dental, Health Care Doctors, Case Managers, Therapists, Financial Planners as well as Legal Advice to name just of few services all in one building. They even have a food pantry that gives out food once a month and bread products you can grab anytime. I can not imagine not having ARCW. I do not use there Health care services since I have my own HIV doctor, but it is there if I ever was to loose my insurance. I do use their dental, therapy and food pantry. I am on the Client Advisory Board with ARCW as my way of giving back for all the services I receive from them. Came home after getting my prescriptions and spent the early afternoon watching TV. I am very tired today. I also this past week started to get a rash on my thigh and top of my feet. It looks like little pimples or poison ivy like. It itches like hell. Talked to the pharmacist at ARCW today and he said to first try changing my laundry detergent or fabric softener since I did start using a different fabric softener the past week or so. I did a bunch of laundry today rewashing a lot of my clothing. If this doesn't help I will have to go to the doctor to make sure it is not a reaction to the HIV meds. About 2 PM the vet called to say I could come pick up Vito and that his test results were better than she expected. His sugar / glucose levels are now almost perfect giving him 6 units of Insulin twice daily. So we now have to continue with the 6 units and don't have to take him in again to the vet for four weeks to have the tests run again. His glucose levels were at 133 and 118 which is between the normal range of 60 - 150. He was in the 400s when we caught this problem over a month ago. Good news for once. Making some chicken breasts and rice with a salad for dinner tonight. Will watch the results of American Idol, Grey Anatomy and Outsourced tonight on TV before going to bed. Tomorrow is Friday which means lunch with the guys and the weekend is here. Not suppose to get above 35 degrees for the next few days. Spring takes so long to get here in Milwaukee and then it goes right to hot hot summer which I don't like either.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, just didn't know what you meant with "ARCW". I am on the other side of the world darl!

    Sounds like the "Positive Living Centre" here. I don't use it much either, but I did at the beginning via the "genesis" thing which educated me about HIV with a weekend workshop. There were about 10 guys that went through it that weekend.
    http://www.acon.org.au/taxonomy/term/37

    ReplyDelete