Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13, 2011 Sunday Night

Friday night Tony was asleep on the couch by 7:30 PM. At least I got an hour's worth of time with him after he got home from work before he fell asleep on the couch. Spent the night watching some shows I DVR'd that he wouldn't want to watch. Went to bed around 10 PM. Tony heard me turning everything off and came to bed also.

Saturday morning I got up at 6:30 AM and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. After breakfast Tony left to go to work for a few hours. I am really getting sick of him working on Saturday's. Saturday and Sunday are days to spend at home with me and do thing together. After he came home from work we went to Northshore Cinema to see the movie Battle Los Angeles. It was pretty good because we saw it on the mega screen. Got home and shortly thereafter got a call from my ex who owns a bar telling us there is a party at the bar with free food. Since I didn't feel like cooking we went to the bar for an hour and had one drink and some food that they had out for the customers. Didn't have a great time. I actually am starting to think I would have more fun at these events without Tony. He never looks happy, and we just stare at each other with little conversation. He is just no fun to be with. Came home and watched a little TV before going to bed around 10:30 PM.

Sunday morning we got up around 7 AM and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Made bacon, eggs and muffins for breakfast. Spent the morning reading the newspaper while Tony cleaned the bathrooms. I hate cleaning bathrooms and do all the other housework around here, so the bathrooms are his to clean. Unfortunately, they look pretty bad by the time he does them. They look very nice now. LOL. Early in the afternoon we went and bought our Sunday weekly lottery tickets and went grocery shopping at Pick N Save. The Pick N Save in Shorewood, not the one three blocks from our house here on the Eastside that is ghetto. Made ham sandwiches for a late lunch and soon Tony was sleeping on the couch. Waited until 6:30 PM to feed the dogs and give Vito his shot because of changing the clocks last night. Figure I will work the hour time change into the schedule over a couple days trying to keep the Insulin shots as close to 12 hours apart as possible for Vito. Made an Oncore spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad for dinner. We ate the salad and both of us were full. The spaghetti and garlic bread or cooling on the stove as I write this. Tony might eat a bit later, although it is 7:05 PM, our bodies keep telling us it is really 6:05 PM. I honestly don't understand why we change the clocks twice a year. I think it is stupid and would rather leave the time as it is now, today, than change it back in Fall and it gets dark so early at night. Why would you make it darker earlier at night? Guess the reason dates back to the Midwestern farmers having more daylight to work the fields? That is always what I had heard. Will have to google it sometime. Looks like Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters are reruns tonight. I shake my head when the networks do this. They wonder why the shows loose viewers. Will watch Amazing Race, Undercover Boss and CSI Miami before going to bed. Vito is doing OK on his 6 units of Insulin. I do sometimes feel he is acting a little strange and needy, but there few good alternatives and until I see him in pain or quality of life slipping, I have to stay the course and keep watching him. I sometimes wonder if I am seeing things that don't exist with Vito, maybe I should be more like Tony and just 'not worry about it'. I tend to think I know my dogs since I am with them 24 / 7. I honestly hate this part when the dogs are sick or heading toward the end of their lives. It is like walking on egg shells waiting for the shoe to drop, or in this case, the dog. He seems to either sleep or needs to be by me, very needy. That to me means he is not feeling well. I have no choice but to stay the course and keep giving him the dose of Insulin twice a day and hope for the best, for as long as that may be. Tomorrow I have a dental appointment since I think I have a couple cavities and also think I chipped a tooth two weeks ago. Thought it best to have the teeth looked at since I get the dental services for free at ARCW. No sense in waiting until they get worse, more painful, and have to wait a month for the next appointment. I hate dentists so tomorrow will be filled with anxiety all day waiting for the appointment. I will keep telling myself that it is just an exam, and most likely where will be no time to do any drilling or whatever until a future appointment. I admit when it comes to the dentist I am a total baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment