Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after a little lovin.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his Insulin shot.  Read the morning newspaper and did some cleaning, which included vacuuming.  Talked with my mom for a while on the phone.  Got showered and left for my meeting around 11:30 AM.  The meeting was frustrating and I expressed my frustration at the end of the meeting.  I simply think it is rude and disrespectful to get up 3 times or more and leave the room while a speaker is speaking.  If you can't for one hour not answer your phone, have a cig, or go to the bathroom, maybe you shouldn't be at the meetings.  There were several people I directed this at.  Some agreed with me others did not and had excuses.  I simply was raised differently I guess because I was always taught it was rude to leave while a speaker is speaking for anything other than an emergency.  If you can't take care of your business prior to an hour meeting, then maybe you should not be at the meeting, is my thought.  Otherwise you are being disruptive and rude to the meeting and the speaker.  Hell, it wasn't a pot luck, it was a meeting.  I tried to also explain there was a time when we didn't have cell phones but that didn't go over either.  Honestly, I am thinking of leaving the board.  Not sure if I want to continue.   Got heated at one point and I did not appreciated getting yelled at.  Came home around 3 PM and was still very angry.  Thought it best to take a long walk, so I did.  Took the camera with me.  Took the longest way around on the other side of the river.  This means walking across the Locust Street bridge, going down the hill by Riverside School, and walking south on the trial to the foot bridge, which is past North Avenue.  I then go across the foot bridge and back onto the paved bike trail on my side of the river.  Have to walk under the North Avenue bridge and down the bike trail to home.  Standing on the bridge and taking pictures was not easy.  I am so afraid of heights.  I had to get my grip on the railing and quickly take the pictures.  I could not believe on my way across the high Locust street bridge, as I started to across I saw this wall of students coming my way out of the high school.  I held the rail the entire time as they all passed.  Thought I was going to be pushed over the rail.  LOL.  So, here are some more pictures of the trails and the walk I did today:

The first to pictures are taken standing on the middle of the Locust street bridge looking south at the river.  The second picture is down under the bridge looking up at it from the walking trails.

The next pictures are of the sign telling of the work the Ecology Center is doing around the river and then a picture of the area and what it looks like as they have it covered to kill all the bad growings and next year will plant trees and natural species plants. 
The next picture is of the North Avenue bridge I walk under to get to the foot bridge a little farther down the trail.

From there I walk across the foot bridge to the west side of the river bank.  Here are two pictures of the foot bridge and then two pictures on the foot bridge, one looking south, one looking north down the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment