Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29, 2012 Tuesday Morning

Damn did the weekend go fast!

Friday night we spent the night watching TV.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Saturday morning we were up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony went to work in the morning to finish up a couple cars and deliver them to the customers.  I spent the morning doing things around the house waiting for him to return.  It was in the 70s and very nice outside here at home, so in the afternoon Tony and I went for a long walk around the river.  Of course Tony complained the entire way around the river and had to rest a couple times.  Walked up and around to a bar across the street from Pick N Save and had a drink.  The bartender is a friend so we thought we would say Hi and I would reward Tony for the walk.  After our drink we went to Pick N Save and bought a couple items to grill and some fresh fruit.  Walked home with the groceries.  Made steaks on the grill and spent the night watching the movie The Grey.  It was a good movie.   Went to bed around 10:30 PM after some lovin.

Sunday we were up again before 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After we read a little of the newspaper we showered and drove to Tony's mom's house and took her out for breakfast.  After we dropped her off at her home we went to a car show a little ways away and walked around looking at the cars.  It was getting very hot outside and it was time to go very soon.  Drove home along the lake front and stopped at Walgreen's to pick up a prescription.  Went home to grab the camera and then went to Tony's nephews house a couple miles away to see the house, 4 house down from theirs, that blew up the night before.  Gas explosion destroyed the house and the two next door.  Thankfully the people inside are still alive.  Took some pictures and talked with some people before we came home.  It was much cooler at home near the lake.  It was about 72 degrees at home and in the 90s west of Milwaukee.  Spent the night watching TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

Monday morning we were up before 7 AM again.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  I went to Pick N Save in the morning to buy some meat and a desert to pass at the cook out we planned on going to for the afternoon.  Went to the friends house and had a nice afternoon, although it was hot.  I ended up in the house or in the shade a lot.  We got home around 4 PM and looked out the front window and there was a Red Cross Van and a couple glass repair vans.  Of course I was wondering what was going on at the apartment complex across the street so I went out.   While we were gone one of the apartments in the complex across the street had a big fire.  Guess we missed the biggest fire of the year right in front of our house.  Guess there were 4 fire trucks and the road was closed off all afternoon.  We missed it all.  I did walk over and see the burnt out apartment.  We hardly do anything and it just figures we would go do something for an afternoon and miss this.  Was told the crowd was huge and at least 10 police cars around the area to keep people away.  We would have been able to watch the entire thing from our front window if we had been home.  I can smell the burnt mess now with the windows open as I type this.  Spent the night watching TV and eventually watched the movie Retreat.  Wow, good movie.  Surprise ending.  Worth finding and seeing on DVD.  Went to bed around 10 PM after a little lovin.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Before I could feed the dogs I was throwing up in the sink.  Didn't get much out but spit and bile.  What could even be in my stomach at this time of day?  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After Tony left for work I called ATT to see if they could reduce our Phone/Internet/TV package since it just went up again.  Got them to take $25 a month off and dropped our phone down to limited rather than unlimited to save another $10.   Since we have not gone over the allowed minutes in the past 6 months I figured it a safe savings.  Spent some time deciding if I wanted to go to my doctor appointment at 11:30 AM or just cancel it.  I honestly just hate going to the doctor and know what she is going to say .... QUIT SMOKING.  So I cancelled the appointment and tore up the 3 cigs I had left and flushed them down the toilet.   I then put on the nicotine patch.  The patch is safe and not what is causing my problems.  The smoking and weight it causing my problems so before I go back to the doctor and hear the same thing, quit smoking, I have to make some changes.  So god help me, no more cigs.  I will try, damn, I will do it.  My back and chest still feel tight but I know it is from sneaking cigs behind Tony's back and inhaling them like there is no tomorrow.   I made the deal with myself that I could cancel the appointment if I flushed the last of the cigs, and did just that.  A cold front came through last night and today it is in the 70s.  Very nice outside but suppose to be in the 60s the next couple days.  Jeez, from 90s to 60s in a matter of a day.  Not sure what I am doing the rest of today.  I already vacuumed and am in the process of doing a couple loads of laundry.  Will most likely take a walk along the river sometime today and most likely take a nap with the dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment