Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012 Monday Morning

Friday afternoon, after I posted, I was looking at the Mourning Dove nest and could not believe it, there are two babies.  They were now big enough to see the both since one was always hiding under the parent bird.  They are now, after a week, as big as baby chicks.  It is very barbaric to watch them feed from the parents.  It honestly looks painful for the parent bird as they put their beaks up into the parent bird to eat what they bring up for them in their mouths.  I made another video of them feeding on Saturday afternoon here it is:


Saturday afternoon we went to a couple rummage sales and a car show west of Milwaukee.  It was in the 80s away from Lake Michigan.  Thankfully it stayed cooler by our house along the lake.  Saturday night I did get Tony to go for a long walk around the river trails at dusk.  I enjoyed the walk, Tony basically did it to make me happy.  Talked with some people on the trails and found out there are coyotes down there by the river also.  A father and son with there dog encountered one the night prior when they slept down there camping for the night.  Guess the coyote almost got the dog.  Went to bed around 11 PM Saturday night.

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM.  After I fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot I made some eggs, bacon, and english muffins for breakfast.   Around noon we went to a car show south of Milwaukee and took the lakefront roads home.  Half way home we encountered and stray dog.  After trying for about a half hour to catch it, with no luck, we finally gave up when it ran into the woods in Cudahy.  It was such a cute dog and was running in traffic when we first saw it.  I hope someone finds him safe.  Wish we could have caught it.  Came home and spent the afternoon around the house and outside enjoying the nice weather.  Went to the neighbors house after a light supper and talked for a while watching the sun set.  Spent the night watching the Billboard Awards on TV.  Can't believe lost another Disco era music person with Robin Gibb dieing over the weekend.  I know there music and liked most of it except the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack.  I never ever bought that album being a disco freak like I was and all.  Of course I have danced to all the songs, but was never a big Bee Gees fan.   Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  On my second load of laundry and already took a shower.  Put on sweats and a tshirt after showering so I think that tells me I am not going far from home today.  In the 60s and cool today in Milwaukee.  Might go for a walk this afternoon or take a nap, maybe both.  Other than that I am staying home today, relaxing with the dogs and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment