Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Saturday afternoon we went to lunch at Five Guys.  It is a hamburger restaurant.  On the way home we stopped off at a rummage sale at Riverside High School.  Wow, did we do good.  Right place at the right time.  Someone must have donated someones clothes that fit Tony and I to a 'T'.  For $25 we got this bag full of stuff, two new white dress shirts, a dark blue pin striped never worn Calvin Klein suit, a leather jacket, a white furry pimp like jacket, and a pair of dress shoes, along with a bunch of other items.   I could not believe what we all got for $25.  The suit was a bargain in itself.  I wish it fit me, but it is a bit tight.  Fits Tony perfectly.  Came home and spent the night watching the movie The Vow and other TV on the DVR.  The Vow was a very good movie.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Sunday morning we took Tony's mom out for breakfast for Mother's Day.  Came home and in the middle of the afternoon we took a long long walk around the river and trails.  We walked for almost 2 hours.  Tony was exhausted.  I felt great.  Walked up the street and ate supper at a local bar.  Spent the night watching the final of Desperate Housewives and went to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Threw up again this morning.  I have to start waiting longer before I start drinking coffee in the morning or go back to eating some saltine crackers when I get up.  I take an antacid at bed time and sometime again in the middle of the night.   Guess they aren't working any more.  Spent the morning doing things outside.  Vacuumed the pond out a little to get the junk at the bottom out.  Did a little painting that was needed on the sun room.  Took a shower around noon and went for a long walk down by the river around 1 PM.  I could not believe while I was walking along the trail, I stopped and in front of me was a deer.  I deer!   I had just told a friend of mine I didn't think we had any more deer down there in the trails.  I guess I was wrong.  It was close to the road and I did not want to scare him towards it.  I stood there and watched her and then she was gone.  Not sure where it went but I was so happy to see and know we do indeed still have deer down here at the river.  Of course I didn't have my camera on me.  Always seems when I don't bring it there could have been a good reason for it.  Will have to bring it from now on.  Spent the rest of the afternoon talking to a couple people on the phone.  Had to get them out of the way. I am not a phone person.  When someone calls my first words are 'what do you want'.  Making some beef ribs, potato, corn and salad for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and DVR America's Got Talent.  Very nice day today in Milwaukee.  Sunny and in the 70s.  Nice breeze off the lake also.  Mother Mourning Dove is still feeding her baby.  It is already getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment