Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 24, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Had a hard time even getting out of bed because my back and shoulders were so stiff and hurt.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After Tony left for work I ate a bowl of cereal and then took a muscle relaxer and an anti inflammatory pill.  Went back to bed for an hour or so to let them kick in.  Got up around 10 AM able to walk, but still in pain.  Called my doctor and made an appointment for Tuesday morning, the soonest she could see me.  I am not happy at all with all this pain, something is wrong.  Of course my biggest fear is a tumor, lung cancer or a heart problem.  Either way, something is seriously wrong.  Around noon I drove 3 blocks down the street to the greenhouse and bought some flowers for the last pot that needed them.  Came home and after eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I went for a walk hoping it would help with the stiffness in my shoulders and back.  It did not and I had to sit and rest a couple times during the walk which is something I don't usually do.  After my walk I took another muscle relaxer which is not helping me type this blog.  Still waiting for the Mourning Doves to flee the nest, I think it will be tomorrow since they did not leave early this morning.  The parents have been leaving them alone in the nest more time than being with them today.  In fact I have only seen the parents come and feed them a couple times today.  When the babies venture outside the nest I will know they will be flying soon.  The pond is covered so it should be an OK first flight if the dogs don't get them and they fly to a safe part of the side yard or back yard.  I keep telling Tony to look at the cameras before he lets a dog outside.  Last year the birds spent a couple days in the side yard next to the pond before they went to the back yard for a week while the parents continued to feed them.  It is suppose to get to 80 today although right now it is just a little over 70 degrees due the strong lake breeze.  Tried to take a picture of the new dog flag flying in the wind.  I must have taken at least 50 pictures and not one turned out like I wanted so I decided to just video the flags in the wind so you can see them.  Here is a short video of the flags blowing in the wind.  The five dogs on the flag are the five that have pasted throughout the years that I had.   The plaque below on the flag pole below their pictures says:  Although my tail has last it's waved, from pain and suffering I have been saved.
Making some salads for supper tonight.  Will most likely make some hamburgers on the grill and a side dish that I have yet to figure out.  Not into any of the new TV shows that start tonight so we will most likely spend the night watching shows on the DVR or a movie.  Honestly I could just go back to bed right now I feel so crappy.  I did put on the nicotine patch again today.  I hope by Tuesday it helps with this chest and shoulder pain not smoking.  I am thinking a stress test and MRI are in my future after I see the doctor on Tuesday.  Tomorrow is lunch with the guys and then the 3 day holiday weekend.  Wish I felt better.  At this point I don't feel like doing much and will most likely stay close to home all weekend.


  1. dont you think the stuff in the patch is making you feel crappy?

  2. these pic's are all mixed up