Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Got up this morning at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his Insulin shot. Just amazes me how he won't let me cut his hair or nails, but lets me give him his shot every morning and dinner time.  Spent the morning listening to the new Donna Summer CD called Crayons and a few other mixes.  It is a good CD.  I am surprised I had not heard of it.  Also downloaded her 3 CD collection called The Ultimate Collection which contains 39 of her hit songs.  The mail came and the renewal for the Milwaukee Journal came in the bills.  They wanted $298.73 for a 7 day weekly delivery of the paper.  I called, like I did last year, and asked if there was a better rate.  The person on the phone said 'is $130 better?'   Unbelievable that a 10 minute phone call can save me almost $170.  Why, since I am a loyal customer for over 20 years, do I just not automatically get the best or lowest rate.  What has happened to the world and rewarding loyal customers.  Was happy to save the money but mad that the average person just pays the bill and renews at the higher cost when a lower rate is available by just asking, and quite a lower rate I must add.  Got showered and ready to have lunch with the guys.  Had a nice lunch with the guys.  A new guy showed up which always makes the conversation more interesting.  Came home and after a bit I went for a walk along the river and trails.  Stopped off at Pick N Save on the way home and bought some salad and raspberries for the salad.  Will most likely just make salads for supper and a TV dinner to go with it for Tony.  Will spend the night watching TV before going to bed.  We do have some things on the schedule for the weekend.  The neighborhood church is having a rummage sale on Saturday.  Also on Saturday is the big Cadillac Car show that Tony every year insists we go to, so we will go to the car show in the morning.  A friend is sponsoring a volleyball team at the tournament at the lake front, so we will most likely check out the men, I mean volleyball tournament, in the afternoon.  Suppose to be in the 80s and beautiful all weekend.  Hoping to get Tony to go for a walk one night at dusk along the river this weekend so we can hopefully see the animals that come out at that time of day.  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment