Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV before going to bed around 10 PM.  Was nice to sleep to the sound of a light rain falling.  We got a full day of light rain which we needed.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Feel a little better today and hoping I am starting to get over this cold.  Read the morning newspapers and talked to my mom on the phone for a while.  Took a shower around 9:30 AM so I was ready for the sound of jets flying over the house today and all weekend.  This weekend is the annual air and water show on the shores of Milwaukee.  Since we are less than a mile from the lakefront, when the jets practice or show we can hear it all and see some of it.  When the jets fly over the house the sound is deafening and the dogs go nuts.  So I wanted to be ready to close the windows and grab a dog or two.  Could hear the planes practice but no real jets until I was about to walk out the door to go to lunch with the guys.  Turned up the stereo loud and went to lunch.  Had a great lunch with the guys as usual.  Came home and just as I was going to go for a walk the jets started going over the house again so I had to close all the windows and crank up the stereo.  Went up on the second floor deck and watched what I could see.  They don't seem to be practicing over the house like in years past, must be budget cuts or something.  Still have a few hours this afternoon and then the shows on Saturday and Sunday.  After a half hour or so I decided to go for a walk along the river since I have not in a long time.  Had a great walk. Was nice to see the trails wet from rain.   A lot of the brush is dead or brown along the river from lack of rain all Summer.  Got home from my walk and just as I was to enter the house the jets started passing over the house again so I went back upstairs to the deck to watch them.  Back downstairs now with the windows open, ready to close them and grab Vito the minute I hear a jet coming.  It was in the 60s when I got up this morning and the thermometer reads 70 degrees as I type this blog.  Nice to have the windows open and have a break from the hot Summer we have had.  Will be nice to give the electric a break also since I got last months electric bill yesterday and it was $300 for the month.  That is a lot for just one month in the middle of the Summer, not even using gas or heating the house.  Oh well, what are you going to do?  Will throw some salads together for supper and think of a side to go with them.  Will not make much since we are never hungry on Friday nights from lunch.  Will most likely spend the night watching some movies before we go to bed.  If I hadn't taken a walk I would try to talk Tony into one tonight.  Tomorrow we have a car show to go to in the morning and we will most likely ride our bikes down to the lakefront to watch the air show in the afternoon.  Suppose to be in the 70s all weekend so it should be perfect weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment