Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the show Big Brother and then the movie Is It Just Me.  Realized a little into the movie we had seen it before a long time ago.  Tony had no memory of it so we watched the movie again.  It was a good movie.  Went to bed around 9:45 PM and spent an hour just playing around in bed.  No sex, just the laughing, tickling, wrestling stuff one misses the most.  It was nice and reminded me of when our love was new.  Hell, we have been together over 23 years so it is nice to still have someone to play with romantically in bed and still really enjoy it.  Fell asleep around 11 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Slept well last night.  Read a little of the morning newspaper and then decided to ride my bike to Pick N Save and Mc Donald's before it gets too hot as predicted today.  Yesterday when I bought toilet paper there was a peal off $1 coupon that would be doubled to a $2 savings.  I didn't notice the peal off until I got home so I saved my receipt to go back today and see if they would give me the $2.  Tony though I was nuts for taking the time to do it.  I simply look at it as a reason to get out of the house and to feel good about saving some money.  Got my money back and rode to Mc Donald's for a steak egg and cheese bagel.  Brought it home and ate it while the dogs watched.  Didn't share a bite with them.  With four dogs, that's a big part of my bagel if I did.  Got some things done on a list I had made.  Called for some estimates on replacing the main water valve in the basement.  Settled on a company and scheduled it for next Tuesday morning.  It will hurt to pay the close to $500 for this, but it is better than it breaking next time we need to shut off the water, being that the house is 100 years old.  I had been told for years it should be replaced and with the new meter not being able to be installed a few weeks ago because of it, I figured I might as well get it done.  Funny how one company said I needed a $90 permit and the other company said I did not.  Went with the lower priced and no permit company, hopefully it will not be a mistake.  How bad could it be?  I shutter at the thought of a flooded basement and no way to turn off the water coming into the house.  With all the work done yesterday across the street I though today would be another day of things happening.  Nothing.  A couple cars with big shots in dress clothes came and that was it.  Typical construction project.  The house across the alley has been getting siding for over 2 months now and it is not half finished.  Took a two hour nap with the dogs.  Hopefully it will not keep me awake tonight.  Was exhausted from the bike ride this morning.  Did some cleaning around the house this afternoon after my nap.  Have to start supper soon.  Just making some salads, canned beef stew and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Comfort food on a hot hot day.  It is close to 90 degrees today in Milwaukee.  I do make a salad almost every night.  Will most likely watch a movie while the TV records some shows on the DVR for the weekend.  Tony will come home sweaty and stinky due to the heat and I will need to get him in the shower soon after he gets home.  Poor guy, I don't know how people work in this heat outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment