Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we went to a little art studio where there were 3 plays by local people.  We knew one of the guys in two of the plays.  They were about a half hour each.  The actors don't get paid and are just doing it for fun.  We laughed and had a great time.  The plays were silly, and we enjoyed them.  I enjoyed them so much I left my card with my name and number and said I would be interested in future plays and parts.  I was in plays in High School and College and enjoyed them.  They take up a lot of time, but I am willing to look into it in the future.  Got home around 11 PM and watched a little TV before going to bed.

Saturday morning we were up at 8 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Drove the monster truck to a car show around noon on the south side.  Came home and took a short nap.  Saturday night we went to Slinger Speedway in Slinger Wisconsin for the once a year Slamfest Gauntlet races.  We took Tony's sister and son with us.  Left the house around 5:30 PM and didn't get home until around 12:30 AM.  Had a great time and will go next year.  Not only is this late for us, but I don't usually leave the dogs for so long.  They were fine of course.  Watched a little TV and went to bed after a little lovin.

Sunday morning we slept in until around 8 AM like the day before.  Got up after another round of lovin.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony made the mistake of calling his mom to see what she was doing, not really to go have breakfast since we were tired from the late night.  She asked if we wanted to come over for 1 PM spaghetti.  I told Tony to tell her we would call her back ASAP when we knew what we were doing for the day.  Heck, it is a beautiful day outside and I have no plans to spend the afternoon at his mothers cluttered house, yes she is a hoarder, with no windows open like always, stuffy and waste of an afternoon.  I quickly remembered a big car show in Pewaukee and in 10 minutes we called her back to tell her we would not be able to make a spaghetti lunch.  She told Tony she already started the meatballs and hung up on him.  Oh well, see what that gets her.  We went to the car show and ran into Tony's brother who informed us he would be eating the spaghetti, so all is hopefully well and someone visited the old lady.  Damn, I hate when she gets like this.  She could get out more and do things with us if she wasn't so lazy.  We had a great time at the car show and had lunch there at the show with a drink.  Got home around 3:30 PM and laid around the house with the dogs watching TV.  Make some soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper and spent the night watching the movie Private Romeo.  If it were not for the good looking guys in the movie I would have turned it off half way through.  It was in Shakespeare talk.  We could hardly understand a phase they were saying.  It was like watching opera.  LOL.  Went to bed around 9:30 PM after some lovin.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Managed to feed the dogs and eat a few crackers before I was throwing up in the sink like I do a couple times a week.  That was over soon enough and I spent the morning cleaning the bedroom and rearranging the bed and couch in the room.  Mopped the floors and gave the room a good dusting.  Went grocery shopping with coupons in hand around noon.  Spent the afternoon doing laundry and things around the house.  Bought a Cornish hen for supper tonight, already baked, just needs heating.  Will make a salad and mashed potatoes to go with it.  Tony will not be happy since he does not like chicken.  Oh well, he will eat what I make.  Will most likely watch a movie tonight or get caught up on the last two episodes of True Blood.  It is beautiful again and has been in Milwaukee.  The temperatures are in the 70s during the day.  Wake up is in the high 50s, bit chilly, but warms up fast.  I love this weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment