Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012 Tuesday Afternoon

Tony was not feeling well when he came home, much like me, so I tossed some salads together and threw two TV dinners in the microwave, and called it supper.  Spent the night watching the last two weeks episodes of True Blood.  Went to bed around 9:30 PM with a towel on my pillow since I had a feeling I was going to sweat the night away.  Ended up changing the towel twice during the night.  Guess I am sick.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Got as much done as possible so I was available from 8 AM to 10 AM for the washing machine repair guy.  Of course he never showed and I called and left a message around 10 AM wondering where he is.  As of this posting he still has not called me back.  Went to lay back in bed for a while hoping to sleep, but did not.   Just laid there thinking.  Twelve years ago on this date I put my first dog down at the age of 12 1/2 years.  Shadow was an angel and did not deserve the last two weeks she suffered gaging and coughing.  Finally euthanized her, after wishing I would have done so much more for her.  I still am not over this twelve years later.  I do look on the bright side and know I learned so much from that first experience.  I was much more patient with the dogs that followed.  She taught me so much about love and loss.  I'd give anything for just 5 minutes with her.  Shadow, you have not been forgotten.  I will never forget the 12 1/2 years of unconditional love you gave me.  Got out of bed around 1:30 PM and took a shower.  It is hot again in Milwaukee today going to 90 degrees.  Thankfully the future forecast looks much better and in the 70s for the next week.  Now if we can just get some rain.  Pulled out some steaks to make on the grill tonight.  Will make some potatoes and salad to go with them.  I am sure we will stay home tonight being so damn hot outside again.   I would love a nice long day of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment