Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching America's Got Talent and then went to bed for a little lovin before sleep.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Watched a fourth huge dumpster get delivered to the parking lot across the street at the empty Day Care Center that has been for sale and empty for years.  A little while later the big machines started coming and tearing up the parking lot and trees around the building.  Have a feeling something big is happening across the street.  Went grocery shopping and bought fresh produce and vegetables.  Laid on the bed for a while but didn't sleep and got up in a half hour thinking I didn't want to be up all night tonight.  The air conditioning went back on today since the temperature is headed into the 80s and then the 90s for Thursday and Friday.  A little while ago I saw the owner of the apartment complex next door to the Day Care outside and I went to talk to him about what was going on.  I guess the property was bought and the white building is being taken down to make way for 30 upscale apartments.  Not sure how this got past the neighborhood without any discussion of the plans.  I am glad to hear they are up scale, but question how 30 units will fit and look in this area directly out my front window.  Was told the units will all be 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathrooms and 2 car garages attached, in clusters of 4 units, starting at $1500 a month.  The bad part is I was told they will be three stories tall.  I don't want to look out my front window into 3 story tall buildings unless they look real nice.  I was not happy with the deserted Day Care, but enjoyed the view across the street and towards the East.  It is an acre of land, but 30 units?  Here is a picture of what it looks like today out my front door.  I will keep you up on the progress as it unfolds.  The white building will be demolished soon.
Hopefully we are going to a car show tonight on the south side of town since I had not planned on cooking tonight.  Since it will be to hot the next couple days I figure we better get out one last time.  Will most likely watch TV on the DVR when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment