Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011 Monday Dinner Time

Saturday I got Tony and I out of the house and we went to Menard's around noon. I had a $48 credit to use at the store. Of course we doubled the amount we wanted to spend and ended up spending another $50 on top of the credit. Got a few Christmas items and stuff for around the house. Came home and spent the afternoon watching TV. Fed the dogs dinner and went to an open bar party at The ArtBar around 6 PM. My partner before Tony owns the bar. Had a nice buffet dinner and drinks and we were home by 8:30 PM. Spent the night watching TV before going to bed around 10:30 PM.
Sunday we slept in until about 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Around noon we went to Best Buy to use the $20 in Best Buy Cash I had to use by the end of the year. Bought an adaptor to use my old key board rather than the one that came with the computer. I have never liked my new key board and my old key board does not come with an USB connector. Of course the little adaptor was $25 so I had to put in more money than just the Best Buy cash. Stopped off at a shoe store on the way home to look for boots for myself. I still am not happy with the fit of the boots I bought at Kohl's last week. Came home and spent the rest of the day watching movies. Over the weekend we watched the movies Fright Night, A River made To Drown In, Beethoven's Big Break and Beverly Hills Chihuahua Part 2. All were OK. We watched the last two last night which made it kinda of a dog themed movie night. Went to bed around 10 PM.
This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. After Tony left for work I showered so I could start my day of shopping at Southridge Mall. I go to the mall one time before Christmas by myself to do shopping. Just one day of the mall is all I can take. My main goal was to either find a new or bigger boot than the one I currently bought last week. Parked near Sears and found nothing of interest at that store. Next was Kohl's and they had the boots I bought last week in a 9 1/2 rather than the 9 I currently have. I thought they fit much better so I had the clerk put them behind the counter and I ran to my car to grab the other boots and exchange them. Exchanged the boots with no problem. Still I am not sure if these ARE the boots for me. Walked around Southridge Mall. Bought some slippers and then found a pair of half cowboy boots at a little shoe store in the mall. Of course these boots were $100, twice as much as the ones I just got or had. It had to be the kids hardest sale of the day. Thankfully I was the only customer in the store because it took me about a half hour of walking around and debating if I should get them or not and return the Kohl's boots. I finally told myself to stop being cheap and buy the boots you want. Bought the $100 boots and returned the old pair at Kohl's. By this point I had enough shopping and got some food at the food court before buying one last present for Tony and went to the car. Stopped off at Office Depot to buy Tony a magnifier so he can read the newspaper. I actually am looking for a magnifier he can put on his computer screen at work. He is so blind lately and no pair of glasses is good enough for him to read with any more. They did not have a computer screen magnifier but had one you hold in your hand, the size of a peice of paper. It was less than $10 so I got it for Tony. Drove home the long way so I wouldn't have to go through the airport detour and construction. Unpacked all the gifts and wrapped the ones for Tony. I then took a short nap with the dogs since I was exhausted from all the walking, talking and decisions. LOL. Making a salad to go with the Sweet and Sour Chicken I am making for dinner tonight. I know I make Sweet and Sour Chicken weekly but I bought about 5 bags of the stuff on sale weeks ago. Will most likely spend the night watching a movie or something on the DVR before going to bed. Tomorrow I have a dental cleaning at ARCW scheduled. Usually they call to remind me of the appointment and so far no call, that is not a good sign and hope I don't run into problems tomorrow. I will take my appointment card with me since the appointment was scheduled about 6 months ago. It was a nice weekend weather wise in Milwaukee. In the 40s over the weekend and today, but the now it is getting a little colder with the sun setting. We got a little snow over the weekend and some is still covering the ground. I can't believe this is Christmas week. Time goes so fast doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment