Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 21, 2011 Thursday Afternoon

I am very excited about an up coming event, I have to share. As you all know I am a fan of the TV soap One Life To Live and have been watching it for 35 years. As most know the show is going off the air on January 13th, 2012. I know, very sad. This week I found a web sight telling of a special event in Chicago to celebrate the final show called Celebrate Llanview, A Tribute Party Honoring The Network Broadcast Finale of ABC's One Life To Live Benefiting SoC. Sounds interesting. I then looked into it to find the event is being held at a bar called Sidetrack Video Bar in Chicago. As I looked for more information and went to the Sidetrack Video Bar web sight I found that this is a gay bar in Chicago. What? As I looked into the event further I found that almost every one of the male heart throbs will be at the event not to mention most of the cast. This is just to good to be true. All my favorite soap hunks in a gay bar. Tickets are $35 for general admission and $125 for VIP tickets which include many extras as well as meet and greet all the stars. When I told Tony Monday night about this event he said to get him a VIP ticket. Well this is very expensive for us plus who the heck is going to take care of the dogs if we go to Chicago for the day. Also the web sight said only 20 VIP tickets are available. Driving from Milwaukee to Chicago sucks any day or season, but in January could be a nightmare if a snow storm came. Plus the tickets are nonrefundable. We talked about this every night and last night after Tony got home from work he says to me his good buddy Brian can watch the dogs for the day. Could this really happen? I called Brian and he assured me he could stay here at the house with the dogs. The dogs do know him. Stella knows him best from when Tony used to take her to his shop daily. He has even been to the house and no problems. So now I have no excuses? I got on line and put two VIP tickets on my credit card. I guess we are going to the event come hell or high water, or should I say snow are sleet. I will hate leaving the dogs for the day, but could the stars have been any more aligned? My favorite studs in a gay bar and I can meet them all! As you can tell I am excited about this since we really have boring lives and go nowhere. It will be an expensive day but I have already invested 35 years in this show. Anyone interested can check it out at the following web sight: http://www.seasonofconcern.org/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/news/news.asp?item=116013
After I bought the tickets and printed out all the information I spent the night in a panic over the whole thing. What a nut case hey? We then watched the movie Straw Dogs that I downloaded. It was a very good movie. I recommend it highly. Went to bed around 10 PM. I had a hard time falling asleep. Finally took a pill and fell asleep by midnight.
This morning I was up at 7 AM, a little later than usual from the sleeping pill. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Watched a little TV and read the morning newspaper before showering and headed out the door. Went to Walgreen's to drop off a clerk a copy of my music mix. She loves my music mixes. Then stopped off at a candy store to spend a $20 gift certificate Tony got from a customer. Then went to Big Lot and bought a couple last minute Christmas gifts. Then went to McDonald's for a burger and fries, which I took to Tony's shop on the way home to eat with him. Gave the employees some happy wishes and Merry Christmas, and came home. I am done Christmas shopping. DONE! Wrapped some of the gifts and now I type this post. Making sloppy joe's for dinner with mac and cheese and a salad. Nothing special, just the basics. Will most likely watch another movie tonight. If you can rent or watch on Demand the movie Straw Dogs it is a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment