Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011 Thursday Morning

Today is World AIDS Day. I know the day is to bring awareness to AIDS, but I have mixed feelings about it. Actually it makes me very sad. I have seen things on the news this morning about World AIDS Day and I cry every time I watch them. Which comes to a dilemma. I noticed in today's newspaper there is a showing of the movie We Were Here at the Milwaukee Art Museum tonight at 6:15 PM. The movie is about AIDS in San Francisco back when the AIDS epidemic started. It sounds very sad, but something I feel compelled to go see. I know the movie will be heart breaking and I will cry during the entire movie thinking of all the friends that have not been as fortunate as myself to get this disease while there are drugs to keep us alive. There was a time when it was just a waiting game to see how fast AIDS would kill you. Funny, sometimes I still feel that way. So why would I want to go to a movie that is just going to make me sad and cry? I kind of feel it is my duty to see this movie and see what the people before me went through and sacrificed in order for things to be what they are today. I will have to call Tony at work and see if he can get out of work early and have the employees close the shop for the day. If the play is at 6:15 PM, we will have to leave the house by 5:30 PM at the latest. Of course that means feeding the dogs and Tony, and Tony taking a shower before we can walk out the door. Much less I am not sure how Tony will feel about seeing this movie. Will let the day progress and see how I feel as it unfolds as to how I feel about seeing the movie.
I am car less today. My ex before Tony is using my car today while Tony works on his car for an auto repair. So I am stuck at home all day today, not that I had any plans to go anywhere anyway. Yesterday morning I had my appointment with my advisor at ARCW to help me fill out all my paperwork for ADAP and HIRSP. HIRSP is a secondary insurance, ADAP is the agency that helps pay for my premiums and medicines. Got all the paperwork filled out and the advisor will mail it all in ASAP. Went grocery shopping after the appointment and was home by noon. Spent the rest of the day listening to music and doing things around the house. Spent the night watching TV and we were in bed by 10 PM.
This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. I have no plans today because I have no car to go anywhere anyway as I mentioned above. Will just lay low all day and watch TV and clean as the day goes forward. Since today is December 1st, it is the first day of the month and only 30 more days to go until I can see a doctor or fill a prescription. I guess we are going to try to play the system and hope I don't need a doctor. I do have enough drugs to make it to January when my Medicare kicks in so to pay for the December premium would set us back $1296, which we could really use. So my hope is to not need anything medical and not have to pay for the month of December. Lets cross our fingers since my Prostate still does hurt and I am not sure I can make it to January. Much less the doctor still has not called me back. Guess they just forgot about me. Just talked to my mom on the phone. Also just called Tony and he agreed to come home early so we could see the movie tonight. I will bring a lot of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment