Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010 Monday Afternoon

Baby it's cold outside.

It is so cold here in Milwaukee today I am not leaving the house. The high temperature today is going to get to 15 degrees. Wind chills are below zero. I got my last electric gas bill on Saturday and it doubled from the last one. The next bill will be even higher. Yesterday we did very little. It was very windy and cold and my car won't even start. I tried to go buy lottery tickets yesterday and got into my car, which is in my garage, and it was not happy. It would not start. Had Tony drive me to the store in his car since he was dressed anyway. Spent the afternoon watching TV and movies. Over the weekend we watched the movie Saw 6 and Overboard. Overboard is an old movie and I have seen it many times. I love the movie. Not only is Kurt Russell so handsome in the movie, but it is a very funny movie with Goldie Hawn. Made a steak I got from my brother for Christmas via UPS and Omaha Steaks. It was very good. Had a potato, corn and salad along with the steak. Watched Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters before going to bed around 10 PM. This morning I got Tony off to work in the cold. Still all bundled up and haven't even considered a shower yet. Will have to turn up the heat just to take a shower today it is so damn cold outside and inside. Got an email from a guy named Peter that has HIV in Australia. Spent the morning reading his blog all the way to the first day he started it a half year ago. It is a very nicely written blog and I suggest if you like mine, to check his out. The link is: http://lifewithhiv-peter.blogspot.com/ . I found myself in tears as I read some of his posts since they hit very close to home and I can relate. Wrote him a couple emails after finishing reading to the beginning. Hoping Tony will be home soon to try to fix my car since it will not start. I have no plans today and since it is so cold outside I don't want to even think about leaving the house. Tomorrow might be another story so it has to get fixed. Will call Tony soon if he doesn't show up and forgets it does not start. Have a little cleaning to do around the house this afternoon and will most likely take a nap bundled in blankets with the dogs. Not much more going on here in Milwaukee. Did I mention how cold it is?

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave, thanks for the emails, sent you one back. My isn't the net a wonderful thing, where two people like us can connect from the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete