Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010 Monday Night

Spent last night watching 3 movies. Watched the movies Waiting For Armageddon, The Other Guys and Open House. Waiting for Armageddon was about religion and the nut jobs that think the end of the world is coming soon. It was interesting. The Other Guys was a comedy and was OK, funny in parts. Open House was a thriller movie and was pretty good. Was a good choice of movies. I still think the best movie I have seen lately was called Frozen.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and got Tony off to work. Made myself some breakfast and started taking down the Christmas decorations around the house. I know it is bad luck to take them down before the New Year, but the house looks so much less cluttered with all the Christmas stuff packed away. Made at least 8 trips to the basement with boxes. Still have up the decorations outside. Might take them down on Thursday since we might be in the 40s by the end of the week. A heat wave here in Milwaukee. Spent the rest of the morning cleaning up the mess and vacuuming the house with my new vacuum. Started to take a short nap this afternoon and then got a call from the friend who owns the white dog we dog sit for. He was taking the dog for what could be it's last trip to the vet and wanted me along for support. Never a fun job but I said I would, so I felt I should. Ended up bringing the dog home with some pain medicine. Honestly, if it were my dog it would have happened. The dog is 16 1/2 years old, has no mind left, and can hardly walk. But how do you tell someone they have to do it today. I did have a long talk with the friend and told him he has to do it soon. He is not doing the dog any favors by keeping it alive when it is so old and in pain. It breaks my heart but it is not my dog. I know he just wishes he would wake up one morning and the dog died in it's sleep. Sorry to say it doesn't happen that way and we have to be strong and do what is right for the dog. I honestly feel we are more humane to animals in that time than we are to humans, letting them die slowly. I would have no problem putting my partner or family member to end their life if they had no quality left. I would hope someone would do the same for me rather than let me die slowly in pain. After I got home I walked across the alley and spent an hour talking with the neighbor about our Christmas's. Got back home at 4:30 PM and started making dinner. Making a big steak, mashed potato and corn with a salad for dinner. Got the steak in a big box of meat from my mother for Christmas. It should be good. I am going to broil it, makes such a mess, and spells up the house, but will taste so good. Will most likely watch some more movies tonight since nothing on TV. Tomorrow I have a list of places to go to. Tomorrow is also my target day to quit smoking. Yes, quit smoking. I only have a half pack left and when it is gone, no more cigs. It has to happen. I've been putting it off for a year and have no more excuses. I will not be a nice person for a while after tomorrow. It is best everyone stay away from me for the first week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment