Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26, 2010 Sunday Morning

I have Skype. I can be Skyped at david.jones.2659 Call me and lets talk face to face.

It is Sunday morning and for the most part Christmas is over. I will break it down, but in summary, it was one of the best I have had in years. Nothing over the top or extra ordinary. Just a very nice, as hoped and planned, couple of days with family and Tony.
Christmas Eve
The afternoon mail included a very tacky letter from Tony's brother's mother-in-law. Seems one of the grandson's cars she bought for him has a small dent and she wants Tony to fix it for his brother as a Christmas present to him for his son. Yes, read that again. She continued about how she is out of money because of buying two kids cars and on and on. WHAT! Needless to say we spent the afternoon rereading the letter and shaking our heads at the 'balls' some people have. The repair is about a $900 job because the front bumper would have to be replaced. Tony should just do it for free? This is the brother that has cancer son but we don't have that kind of money. Much less it is a small dent and the car drives fine. Honestly, it is the size of a quarter dent. We went to Tony's mom's house around 6:30 PM. For the first hour it was just his mother, brother, sister, niece, and another couple we didn't know. I am very fond and get along great with Tony's family. Actually I keep the laughs going or at times they would just sit there watching TV. A little after 8 PM his other brother, his wife and two kids 17 and 19 showed up. This is the brother who just found out he has cancer a month ago and has been in treatment for the past month. He seemed very weak. He is usually a bigger version of my Tony. They look very similar. He now eats with a feeding tube and it has caused him to loose a lot of weight. I had a nice conversation with him and he even showed me his feeding tube which he does not show to many people. By the end of the night I made sure I told all four of them that Tony and I are here for them if they need anything. We gave his mom a McDonald's gift card - it's what she wanted and will use. We got the usual stuff she buys during the year on sale at the discount stores, in sizes either too small or too large. LOL. It's the thought that counts...right? We got home a little before 10 PM. After Tony opened a bottle of beer and I made a soda we opened a couple of the presents to and from each other. The first was the two one piece red sleeper jumper suits I bought, one for each of us. I will put two pictures of us in them at the bottom of this post. They even have the built in footies. We had something on the TV not worth our attention. Went to bed close to midnight which is late for us.

Christmas Day
Saturday morning we slept in until about 7:30 AM which is late for us. I made us some breakfast bowls to eat. We then started exchanging our gifts to each other. Mind you I never get much or expect much from Tony. He is not one to go out of his way to Christmas shop for me until the last day. Then it is usually crap. I got Tony a bunch of stuff he would want and has asked for the last couple months. Nothing worth tooting my horn on. There was a stack from him to me. The last two presents he gave me were the best of the bunch. The second to last was a new vacuum. Now we do have a vacuum that works and I would usually not be thrilled with getting a vacuum but I have to admit after we set it up and tested it, it works much better than the one we have. The last present he gave me to open was a big box. I honestly had no idea what it was. Yes, I shook the boxes the day prior and figured out pretty good what was in them, even the vacuum. But this last box I had no clue. I have to set this up. As you all know I love my dogs. After the four have died I have bought life size statues of them and they sit in the living room as a reminder. After loosing my Buddy last year I have searched everywhere for a statue, life size, of him. Even in a stuffed animal no luck. He was a border collie springer spaniel mix and did not look like most common dogs. In the box was a life size stuffed animal border collie springer spaniel mix dog that looked just like Buddy after he would get his hair cut. I broke out crying as I took it out of the box. It honestly took me by surprise and is one of the most thoughtful, actually listened to me, present I think I have ever gotten from Tony. It took me a while to even pull myself together all morning. I will post a picture of the stuffed animal at the bottom of this post. We left the house around 12:30 PM driving the 45 minutes to my parents house. We decided to take Bo with us this time. This is only the second time in his first year of life going anywhere. He cried at times on the way out there laying in my arms. I kept telling him he was lucky and would be coming back home to his puppy friends again. Got to my parents home and everyone except my one brother from down south was there. He was to drive up but was sick and did not. Had an enjoyable time with my family and their other halves and children. My sister's husband is a strong Republican and sometimes the conversations can get political and after stating my point of view, hearing his, and discussing for a while, it is best to walk away. LOL. Enough said. He is a nice guy and my sister seems happy with him so that is enough for me. Their two kids are the cutest kids you will ever lay your eyes on, and I'm not just saying that because I am their uncle. They are also so well behaved for being under 10 years of age. Exchanged our presents with each other and ate a ham mom had made for a dinner. Before we left my niece and brother were talking on her laptop using Skype. I found out all I could from them about it. Surprised actually I had not known about Skype. I even got a new computer camera for Christmas from Tony which I asked for. So now I could put this camera to good use. Left their home around 4:30 PM and got home close to 5:30 PM. Fed the dogs and sorted out the presents. I then set up my computer camera and downloaded Skype. After less than a half hour I called my sister to talk to her kids and test it out. Worked great. Wow. Where have I been and why didn't I know about Skype? My Skype phone name is david.jones.2659 . Call me and lets talk face to face. Spent the rest of the night watching two movies. Watched the movies Frozen and Diary Of A Whimpy Kid. They were both very good. Frozen was really really good. Never heard of the movie before I downloaded it. Rent the movie if you find it on DVD. It is good. Three skiers trapped on a ski lift. I will not give any more away. Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Today we will stay close to home. I do have one thing to return at a later date. I bought Tony a parking stop sign that is missing parts and does not work. I will return it after the Christmas return rush is not so bad since I do have the receipt. Most likely will spend the day watching movies and going through the presents.


No comments:

Post a Comment