Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19, 2009 Friday Late Afternoon

If I ever say we don't get big thunder/lightning storms here remind me about last night. Unbelievable! I thought the world was coming to an end.

Went to me board meeting yesterday afternoon and when I got home I was bound and determined to finish the second coat of paint on the area I had started the day before. Did it. Made spaghetti for dinner and waited for the storms to roll in. About 12:20 AM last night they began. I honestly do not remember the last time we had such thunder and lightning. It last 3 hours and was non stop for the entire 3 hours. There were some lightning and thunder that I thought must have hit right out back of the house they were so loud and shook the house. I sat in our glass enclosure for a while till I actually backed my way into the house because it was so threatening. Vito barked, cried and wailed the entire 3 hours. Kali shook like a leaf the entire 3 hours. Barkley and Stella could not have cared less. I thought Kali and Vito were going to have a heart attach they got so disturbed. What a light show, what a sound show. I thought the world was coming to an end when the fire trucks rolled down our street going somewhere at 1:30 AM. Lightning must have hit a house close by. The rain was coming down so hard the streets had inches of rain with no place to go. Lots of flooding and lightning damage on the news around Milwaukee this morning. More storms are rolling in for early this evening, some could be severe. I am watching them on the radar and they are just crossing from Iowa into Wisconsin. With it getting as humid as it is I am sure they will be huge. I love storms, but last nights storms where even a little scary for me. No wind so to speak, just very loud non stop lightning and thunder for 3 hours straight.

Got up this morning pretty tired from being up most of the night. Managed to get out of the house and to Walgreen's, Pick N Save, and the hardware store prior to Tony showing up with Stella so Tony and I could go to lunch with the guys. Once again a lunch filled with laughs and even a little knowledge. Somehow we got into the subject of concrete only for someone to inform us the Hoover Damn concrete is still drying in the middle even though the damn was built so long ago. It takes cement that long to dry and get hard when it is as thick as a damn. Got home and did a little cleaning and vacuuming. Making salad and pizza for super tonight. Tony will be tired from working all day and lack of sleep last night, plus the storms coming in at dinner time tonight, it does not sound like a good idea to leave the house. Looks like summer is here. It is in the mid 80s today and getting very humid. I HATE HUMID. Contemplating turning on the central air conditioning it is getting that humid and hot out. I am just to lazy to go around and close all the windows. Looks like 80s for at least the next week according to the long term forecast. Over 80 degrees is getting too hot for me. I like 60s and 70s. Will right again soon. Storms must be headed eastward so brace yourself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment