Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009 Thursday Morning

Seems like a long time since I posted. Let me try to catch you up. I am listening to the Chorus Line Soundtrack as I type this because of seeing the play last night. So if you hear me singing out a few lines as the soundtrack plays................... Hot as hell again here in Milwaukee today. I am not sure I will leave the house today, maybe go outside for small amounts of time. Guess the heat wave will last until Sunday and then next week back to more comfortable lower 80s. It has been in the 90s the last few days, and humid. Yuck. Anyway. Yesterday I did finally get to meet with my past boss and see her dog which I love dearly. It had been 10 months. This dog spent every day in my office when I worked there due to the owner/boss bringing her to work everyday and the dog adores me. I called when I was in her driveway so she could send Molly outside and not pee from excitement in the house. She walked up to me and stood about 5 feet away and just looked at me till the owner picked her up and I went closer. It was then when she could smell me it was like a light bulb went off in the dogs head. I spent about 3 hours at her house and Molly was in my arms the entire time. She would not leave my side or arms. Molly is a Mulipoo. White and sooooo cute. Had a very nice conversation as well as a tour of her beautiful home. I am pursuing the option of working back at her company. She offered me very generous terms if I came back. As many hours as I can handle and any days I would choose. Most likely one day at a facility (Monday's) and one day at her home, maybe a little Internet and phone work from my home on some days. I am meeting her again next Monday where I use to work so we can walk around and access the situation and more of what she would have in mind for me. Believe it or not this has cause a little bit of tension at home. Tony is totally against me going back to work. I am honestly confused and unsure where he is coming from even though I have brought up the subject and we talk about it. It is not that he doesn't want me going back to work necessarily at my past job, he sounds more like he doesn't want me going back to work, period. Now that is very tempting but I have been around the house for 10 months now. I need more of a purpose and sense of accomplishment. I don't get any complement for keeping the house clean and food in Tony's stomach. I do get the feeling of complement as will as criticisms when I work. I can take one with the other and think it is only human nature to need more. I also for all the bitching I did at my past job did feel a sense of accomplishment and worth. I also know I could walk back into my job and some of my past duties very easily. I think I can handle two days a week, maybe a six hour day each day, which she is offering me. I do feel better when I force or push myself to accomplish something each day. I can't just sit around the house and look out the window each and every day. Today I plan on just cleaning and dusting and as you can see from this long post it is not something I look forward to starting. I have to also make a few phone calls. One to reschedule next Mondays therapist appointment since I am meeting the owner, one to confirm we can take care of a friends dog for a few hours on Saturday while his carpets get cleaned, ...............
and one to my doctor because I have had this fricken rash on my neck and now arms for over two weeks and it is driving me crazy itching. There are noticeable rash marks. I am just scared to call the doctor and putting it off because I would hate to think it is my meds and an adjustment might have to be made. I put a post at TheBody.com about it and have gotten many responses and emails. Some ranging from stress related, to sun related to needing to switch from Atripla (my cocktail) to a different AIDS drug. This of course would bring on more stress and of course side effects adjusting to a new cocktail drug. The last being of most concern to me. Made one phone call, the one confirming the dog visit Saturday. Two phone calls to go. Have to sit back and listen to my favorite song on the Chorus Line Soundtrack, What I Did For Love. I'm back, the cd player has now switched to the Les Miserables soundtrack, my favorite play and soundtrack. Last nights play A Chorus Line was very good. It did seem a little rough, I like a softer version of the songs when sung. It seemed they gave each song a harder edge rather than softly singing the songs. OK, let me reread this post, spell check and get this day going................

2 comments:

  1. Dave...just a word of caution before you make up your mind about working. Since your social security is in appeal I wouldn't do anything right now unless you get paid in a way that doesn't show. If they find out that you working, and they will, they will deny you for sure. They love to find these kind of things out so they don't have to pay out. Just thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, I will have to have her pay me under the table for a while if she truely wants me back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete