Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21, 2009 Sunday Night

Woke up this morning feeling OK. I did get up my usual three times during the night to pee. Was up and out of bed by 7:30 AM today. Tony of course was up much earlier. After reading a bit of the newspaper I made eggs, sausage, toast and coffee cake for breakfast. It was so hot and humid yesterday and it looks like it is going to continue through the week. So, this morning I set up the 12 foot pool I bought a month ago in the back yard. Got it all blown up and filled with water. Got the pump and filter going on a timer. Hopefully by Wednesday when it is expected to be in the 90s the water will be warm enough to swim in. Covered it up with a tarp so the leaves and bugs don't get in the water. After it was about 1/2 full I turned off the water so we could meet some friends at a car show near the Milwaukee airport. Was a big car show. Lots of cars for Tony to look at, and a nice crowd to keep me interested. Got home after 3 PM after stopping off to buy our weekly lottery tickets. One of these days.............. Finished filling the pool. Working good so far. Tony and I both showered again for the day since it is so hot and humid here in Milwaukee and then we walked three blocks, yes walked, to a new Italian Cafe that just opened this past weekend. Had the spaghetti and meat balls. VERY GOOD. Tony had some kind of spaghetti and meat balls with mushrooms. I do not eat mushrooms. Both of us enjoyed the dinner. Was reasonably priced and would go back again. The spaghetti sauce was very sweet, but that is how I like it and make my sauce when I cook. Now that we are home there is nothing on TV. So I am going to fire up the DVR and watch the final two episodes of Invasion that we recorded. Been holding off for just the right time when I will not be bothered.
So, until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You had a fun-filled weekend :)

    Was wondering if you live near that bridge they blew up on Sunday? Saw it on the news and it looked really kewl.

    Oh and Dave, even if Tony took 12 hours to finish painting the one area, don't get on him about it or else he prolly won't help out again. They are all the same, bitchin' about having to do it, bitchin' the entire time they are doing it and then bitchin' when they are finished ;)

    ***

    ReplyDelete