Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009 Monday Night

We did end up going to Racine (Jo's stomping ground) for a huge car show along the Racine Lake Front. It was huge. I think I must have walked about 10 miles looking at the cars. To me, they all start to look alike. We spent a couple hours at the car show till my dirty looks at Tony showing him how bored I was finally got to him. On the way down to Racine I played with my new cell phone that I purchased on Saturday because my old cell phone needed a battery which would cost as much as a new phone. On the way back from Racine we stopped about half way home at an Ace Hardware store so I could run in and buy some bird food. We got home about 5 PM. About an hour later I started looking for my BRAND NEW cell phone. Nowhere. No where! After about an hour of loosing it because I still had not gotten even one call yet on the phone much less made one, and now I had to call Sprint and suspend the service till I find the phone or buy a new one which now will be at full price ($200). I was so pissed. I was laying on the bed about an hour later and Tony walked in telling me how when we were at Ace Hardware he notice a motorcycle guy pick up something and then set it against a pole. Thinking this just might have been my cell phone we drove the half hour to South Milwaukee to the Ace Hardware store to see if we could find my phone, if that was even the place I lost it at. We drove into the parking lot and there sitting on the pole, just as Tony had seen, was my Brand New Cell Phone.
I guess there is a God. Got home around 8:30 and went to bed around 10 PM. Was so happy I didn't have to go buy another phone.

Woke up to thunderstorms here in Milwaukee this morning. Got myself to my Monday morning therapist appointment. Was a cloudy rainy day today so of course my mind told me it was a day for napping. Took a 2 hour nap with the four dogs. Got up, had my coffee and made a quick dinner for Tony and I. Not much on TV so we are watching the DVR of the show Glee which was on a couple weeks ago. Not really getting into it. Tomorrow I meet with someone who will help me start the social security appeal. Bullshit that I have to go through this. I couldn't work full time if I tried.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love these "coincidences" like the one with your phone? I am sad I haven't been able to read your blog until now because the keyboard broke on my laptop! I had to break the letter "c" out of its socket and now it works again! Anyway, I guess there's the big AIDS bike ride in your state! That's so great and I wish Seattle did more events like that so I could participate... Anyway, I'll be following your blog again, and I created mine too. Best wishes from Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian - give me the blog address when you get it set up and I will add a link on my blog to it.

    ReplyDelete